FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bob Harkins 4th Annual derby.  (Read 1356 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Bob Harkins 4th Annual derby.
« on: Jun 18, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Well not as many boats as last year, maybe 20. We concentrated mostly on coarse fish and some trout (for the top prizes).
Here is some pics.

My son and buddy Tom are in the boat 2nd from left. They were the other part of our team.

Here is my partner for the day.

Batteries went dead in my camera and I was kicking myself for not bringing extra like I normally do ???

My partner caught the biggest trout of the day at 15 oz  and we were hoping he would be drawn for top prize as is usually the case when fish are so small. But he did win the trip for 2 by Via Rail to Prince Rupert or Jasper. So he was pretty excited afterward and so was the crowd for the lad.
Coarse fish....only 2 peamouth and 121 northern pike minnow caught in 4 hours. They had made a new rule that the fish must be over 5 inches or we would have caught more in the shallows. My arms are sore from hand bombing in that many fish but it was a good workout ;D
My Marmish rod with gold micro jig (size 20) really hammered the pikeminnows. Biggest one was 1.5 lbs and the smallest was just over 5 inches.

You get a ticket for every coarse fish you catch which goes into the barrel for draw prizes. My partner also won a set of Cobra radios, I won a float tube, son won a small barbecue, My buddy Tom won a dinghy boat. So we all won something in our group of 4. A fun time was had by all.

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
Re: Bob Harkins 4th Annual derby.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Right on TGF. Good haul by all involved. Looks like a great day to have it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.