FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Roe / Fish Eggs  (Read 3520 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Fish Roe / Fish Eggs
« on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:13 PM »
This time of year most fish will have eggs or sacs. Anyone use these for bait? How do you use and prepare?

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: Fish Roe / Fish Eggs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Reelcharacter,  I use a product called Pro-cure.  First, I take the skiens of eggs, (from king, silver, red, humpy, dog salmon, steelhead etc...) and seperate them into useable sized pieces.  Then I let them dry on an old piece of plywood or similar material in a cool area for a 1/2 a day "or" until they stop weeping.  Then take eggs and place them in ziplocks with required amount of Procure, toss and store. 
Procure comes in different color formulas, for your desired wants or needs.  I at times add additional scent before placing in the freezer.  Most often than not, I just toss them in the freezer up to a year or until needed.   I have cured eggs in the whole skien, which works great if you plan on leaving them in the freezer for more than 6 months.  We use them for kings, silvers and trout and all times of the year, including winter.  I personally use artificials or flys, but when they're lock-jawed, it's hard to beat eggs!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.