FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ...the weekly update.  (Read 2093 times)

ianwuzhere

...the weekly update.
« on: Jun 24, 2007, 01:09 AM »
Went and fished some piscivorous (fish eating) trout last week for 6 days. Fishing was a little slow for time spent with our lines in the water, but we managed to land a few that didnt want to be brought to the boat. All the fish in "lunker lake" ;) are beautiful colored fish.
Get rite to the pix:

Most beautiful trout ive ever caught

All of the fish ranged from a couple pounds to 8.5 pounds. All were released except for a few smaller ones we cooked up for supper:

All in all, great trip, would love to head back and try for some more and of course larger ones...

~till next time,
cheers!

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Re: ...the weekly update.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Great shots and you are right.....beauty colors :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
You should have entered that 8.5 lber in the tourney. Hard to tell but looks about 26 or 27 inches.
Thanks for sharing.

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2007, 12:27 AM »
WOW NICE BOWS, VERY NICE.

ianwuzhere

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2007, 12:46 AM »
ya I should have entered the larger ones in the tourney. Wanted to get the fish back into the water as soon as possible so was lucky to just have a tape measure close by. If i think the bow was in the double digits then i definately would have kept it, possibly got it taxidermed cuz ive never seen a double digit bow, especially on my line. They are in there,  but didnt catch any this time. Lost a pretty large one, but dont think it was in the double digits.
Have fun at the tourney this coming week, hopefully you guys bring in some nice bows. Wish i had a bigger boat. I found the pink 4.5" apex worked pretty good- the new UV apex- not a slow troll one(fatter one), was the normal skinny kind, seemed to be catching more then the other guys apex's and plugs etc. until my line snapped, grr should not have used the stock apex line i guess, i think its 15 pound test on the larger apex's but im sure it had a nick in it as it broke rite at the apex hook and i was left with the apex line and swivel.

Cheers!

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I like the watermelon or silver apex, 4.5 inch. Seem to work good up here trolled fairly fast. I use the slow troll models for char.
Too bad about your broken one >:(

ULTRAlite

• 24" Bowz or Bust...
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28, 2007, 02:28 PM »
Gorgeous Bowz - I think I woulda had the biggie mounted, but if there are bigger in there... get after 'em!!  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.