FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Oliver  (Read 3334 times)

wyomingchad

Oliver
« on: Mar 19, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Anyone ever fish Oliver Res by Kimball.  I drove through there last winter on my way back from Cabelas and it looked like a nice little lake, although the water was low and the boat ramps were out of the water.  Will it fill up in the spring?  How is the walleye bite there?  How about other species?  Thanks.

Keith Walters

Re: Oliver
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2008, 09:21 PM »
Chad,

I haven't fished Oliver for several years, so you might have to just give it a try to see what is there.  From what I hear, there are some walleye and perch, as well as largemouth bass, bluegill and tiger muskie.  The lake has been low for a few years now, but still has enough water that the fish should be fine.  I think there should be about 14 ft of water in places (south portion of the lake near the dam).  As far as filling in the spring, we are at the mercy of Mother Nature to give us some rain west of the lake to help raise the water level.  It is a pretty neat little lake and at times in the past, the fishing was good.  Good Luck!

Keith Walters

wyomingchad

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 12:53 PM »
With all the rain and snow recently, I was wondering if the water level has come up and if the boat ramps are useable?  Flash flood warnings yesterday!   Thanks

Astros461

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Anyone got any reports on Oliver?

Ahab

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2011, 11:44 AM »
I tried ice fishing it this season with no luck just saw alot of carp on the camera with the water by the dam being right around 10 feet and 15 in some places . supposedly there was a fairly decent fish kill not to long ago and the low water levels have not been helping. That being said though they have stocked some eyes in there this last october so maybe its coming back, but fishing it last year we didnt catch a thing and the only people catching anything were going for carp. I really dont think its ever quite recovered from the fish kill and i have not heard of anyone catching a tiger muskie out of there in a long time. But who knows if you give it a try let us know how you do.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.