FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: world record musky  (Read 5461 times)

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
world record musky
« on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:17 AM »
i saw a website in the midwest that claimed the record came from there.(69.5lbs) i know the world record came from the St Lawrence. river in new york.(69lbs 15oz.) what's up with that????? ???

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

soccerer

Re: world record musky
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Art Lawtons' record fish was discredited. It has not been recognized for several years now.
Fish to live and live to fish.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2008, 01:12 PM »
do you know the reason?

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

soccerer

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2008, 07:48 AM »
Experts determined from the picture and the reported dimensions that something didn't add up and other rumors. I'll try to google it and report back.
Fish to live and live to fish.

dmntd169

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2008, 05:07 PM »
They keep debating it and discrediting the 2 "world records". This has been going on for years now, they just keep flip flopping them. I wish someone would just go out and land a 70+ already and put an end to this whole joke that is IFGA World Records.

Back when both fish were caught the rules were so lenient yet now fish are disqualified for the stupidest things. Last year the world record fluke was disqualified since the anglers rod hit the railing during the fight...***censored****? Why not go out and disqualify every big game fish for using a fighting chair, harness, belt, ect since a rod hitting a railing is now reason to disqualify a world record? How many other records are there out there that can't be verified yet are allowed to stand since no one is arguing about them like they are with the musky record?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.