FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crappy weather  (Read 3569 times)

boblee

• BBBBBAAAAAAHHHHHH
crappy weather
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Looks like some crappy weather for the opener this weekend.  wind, rain, and more wind.  then on monday its back to work and the weather will go back to being nice and sunny.  Im stilll going camping though, and fish in the breaks between windy times.  good luck to all

Sven936

Re: crappy weather
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Good luck to you...     I will be braving it also....    Are most of the lakes freed up in the hayward area?

boblee

• BBBBBAAAAAAHHHHHH
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:59 PM »
most of the smaller lakes are open but the bigger lakes have a liitle ice left on them. the water temps are so cold yet its pushing back some spawning times. I know that.  Where are you located at?

Sven936

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:39 PM »
I live in Rice Lake.  Hoping the rumored snow stays away for opening morning.

Sven936

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Well, I braved the rain, sleet, and than snow   for nothing. >:(   But the afternoon gave way to a sunny sky and a limit on walleyes......  ;D

boblee

• BBBBBAAAAAAHHHHHH
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:55 PM »
you were definatly more successfull than I. We sat on the bridge friday and caught a few suckers in the rain/wind just to prove we were die hard campers.  saturday was still windy so we just drank the day away while sucker fishing.  sunday a little fishing with no luck and tonight walleye fishing sucked. no bites, and i blew my trailer tire.  Im a bit frustrated right now. 
sven were your walleys really shallow.  my buds were catching them in 2 feet of water.

Sven936

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 04:55 PM »
They were about 6' to 7' deep.   Found them on a nice sandy point with some vegetation.    Lite biters though, I missed a few dandys.... ::)    In the deeper water we didn't seem to be marking anything.

Sorry about your weekend.     

Saturday morning was wild, we had three anchors out in front of the boat and we were still getting blown everywhere.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.