FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Eating Crappies  (Read 19880 times)

joejv4

Re: Eating Crappies
« Reply #30 on: Jul 06, 2009, 01:54 PM »
2 cups of "heart Healthy Bisquick"
1 cup yellow corn meal
5 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS salt
1/2 TBS black pepper
1 egg
1 1/2 cans light beer (approx)
Deep fryer filled with Canola oil

Mix dry ingredients, add egg and beer, whisking until the batter is a little thinner than pancake batter.
Heat deep fryer to between 350 and 375 degrees.
dip fillets in batter then drop in fryer, turn once the bottom is golden-brown, then remove when the other side is golden-brown.

serve as-is or on buns with tarter sauce yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

This batter is also good for onion rings.
Gone fishin'

1MOFISH

• you want to fish where?????????????????
« Reply #31 on: Jul 06, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Crappie are a delicate fillet. Treat them as you would sole. Broiled quick and hot is  my favorite. Try topping with a little salsa or Thai chili sauce.

Don't fry them, they don't hold up well. They get soft.

Be sure to soak the fillets in sea salted ice water for about 10 minutes before cooking.  It will help firm up the meat.

RG
i had them get soft thought they went bad they fell apart like crab meat wonder why they get soft ???????         thankx   mo
billy morgano    a full net is 153 fish

BBK

« Reply #32 on: Jul 06, 2009, 03:00 PM »
If they are getting soft, you are keeping them too long. They are  only good for 1-2 days in the fridge before they need to be frozen.

fenwick2010

« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2010, 11:59 AM »
i just wash em  with cold water , coat them with a bit of flour then frin a bit of oil !!!!!!! the best  ;D

fishermantim4

« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Think your beer batter is missing a few brewr. Never thought to add egg to it. Gives me an idea
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

bherr24

« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2010, 12:12 AM »
Pretty simple for me. I just throw em in a bag filled with Andys Red fish breading and coat them real good and then pan fry.

surflizard

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2010, 06:29 AM »
I chill them good with ice water then I egg dip them and dust em with crushed Parmesan Cheezits crackers and a really short stay in the oil.
Watching my better half jump around and squeal like a little kid when she catches them is a real treat for me  :rotflol:

fishcat

« Reply #37 on: Aug 29, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Fillet as usual....wash and pat dry.    Place fillets in a bowl with 1/2 & 1/2 (milk/cream)  Put in fridge for 1/2 hour.  Remove from fridge...and roll in Zatarain’s Fish Fri.  Use deep fryer with Canola oil at 350-375 degrees.   Fry to a golden brown.....   Delicious!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.