FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PETA ???  (Read 15792 times)

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: PETA ???
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:17 AM »
Jigstick makes the point exactly on the unwanted digs. It all starts from irresponsible people. Sorry thats not your fault or mine, just another PETA ploy to try to attach themselves to your feelings.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Cider

« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Actually, Jigstick I do agree with you on the excess/unwanted animal issue and putting them out of their suffering.  But, I think in this case the video that raleigh is referring to is nothing more than PETA propaganda of a film that was most likely taken entirely out of context.  They now use it in an inciteful manner to act on people's emotions rather than their intelligence with great success.  I haven't actually viewed the video, but I would bet that I am right.  This organization is known for trickery like this.

I know of no legitimate organization that will euthanize unwanted dogs by "gassing" them all at once.  There are strict federal guidelines in place by the USDA, FDA, and IACUC (International Animal Care and Use Committee) that governs the care and welfare of research animals etc.

This couldn't have happened at a veterinary clinic or humane society/shelter.  It goes against their principals.  One, they wouldn't have the facility carry out an act such as this.  Two, shelters have independent veterinarians come in to take care of their animals.  Three, veterinarians use overdoses of anesthetics to sedate the animal, paralyze the lungs, and stop the heart (in that order).  It is the kindest and gentlest way to perform a euthanasia.

But, no matter how you slice it, euthanizing an animal sucks.  It is a big waste of life, but sometimes is neccessary.  And, PETA is still a hateful, uninformed organization that violates a lot of our countries laws to push their opinions onto other people.  Personally, I don't like being told how to think or feel and that is why I dislike these types of organizations.  I could name others that are similar...

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:12 PM »
Hate to throw this in but the humane societies don't "Gas" the animals, they stick them in a sealed container and suck the air out of it, thats why after 30 seconds you cannot hear the puppies whinning.  Suffocate the animals to death.  Figured the "Anti's" would be all over that one wouldn't you, but guess who's in each others "Bed".  Funny how all the bunny lovin', tree huggers leave that one alone.  Its all about money, and the Humane Soceity cannot afford to pay for the humane "shot" to dispatch the unwanted animals, nor could PETA cover the cost. JEEZ, imagine the weekly vet bill????  So..........They just don't bring that up except when they need money for a campain or the like.   Our rights hang in the balance of a very active few and few that are active.

Food for thought. 
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Cider

« Reply #33 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Hate to throw this in but the human societies don't "Gas" the animals, they stick them in a sealed container and suck the air out of it, thats why after 30 seconds you cannot hear the puppies whinning.  Suffocate the animals to death. 

Actually, that is not entirely true.  The approved method is to fill the chamber with carbon dioxide to suffocate the animals instantly.  This is only approved for use on small rodents though.  Just speaking from experience as one who works with research animals daily...

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #34 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Thanks Cider,  I'm definately going to do some research on this.  I just went onto PETA web site and am completely .......... Be nice Steve.....upset.  I have an idea which might not work but will talk to a couple friends and see what they think.  Be back in a few days on this one >:( >:(

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #35 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:47 PM »
I belong to PETV (People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables).  I think that it's inhumane to eat vegetables of any kind or cut trees down for any reason.  Those poor innocent Brussel Sprouts never have a chance to grow into a cabbage.  What about those folks who eat sunflower seeds?  It's basically eating baby sunflowers.  Can't you imagine how awful it must be to be the parent of those innocent creatures?  It's time to stand up and fight for greenery around the world!  Come on Folks!  Rally at my side!  Didn't you all see the movie "Ferngully"?  I also belong to PETA… Since I can't eat any natural food whatsoever, I have to rely on synthetic food.  Us PETA and PETV people are having a big movement (as a result of eating that synthetic food)… and I mean BIG;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #36 on: Mar 19, 2004, 02:56 PM »
FatBoy, what are you PETV folks gonna use for TP after the BIG MOVEMENT? I think they make it out of trees don't they? (;)

See, that's exactly my point!  We just cut them down then cr@p all over 'em!  Trees deserve respect and also tender care.  Give them a big hug!

Hey you with that broccoli spear in yer mouth, I'M TALKIN' TO YOU!

crappieloo

« Reply #37 on: Mar 19, 2004, 05:22 PM »
Im guilty again. My neighbor and i have drilled holes in our trees and made them ''bleed'' into buckets. Is it possible to steal from my own trees? Probablly not cause the cops wave at me while we are tapping them and leting them run.
Cool huh 8)
crappieloo

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #38 on: Mar 19, 2004, 07:11 PM »
I am a member of PETA (People Eating Tastey Animals)

As a disturbed person, I find all this discussion disturbing.

Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

feasanthunter

« Reply #39 on: Mar 21, 2004, 06:33 PM »
my niece who is in sixth grade informed me of a anti-meat protest at  her school last week.lots of friendly people dressed in animal costumes were on school grounds around the busses and building entry/exit areas yelling "don't eat meat".one of our police patrolmen was punched in the head by a protester.what a nice thing for kids to see?i think i'll take my niece out for some slab gills ASAP
I CAN,I WILL, I DID

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #40 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:06 PM »
PETA backwards, as we know they are

A nnoying
T he
E thical
P eople

mrlongbeard1

« Reply #41 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:44 AM »
 I'm starting a new org. SDPV Saving Dumb Plants from Vegitarians. Stop the maiming of innocent plants. Stop eating there future generations. We'll starve together. I won't eat meat when you quit eating plants and there parts.

reubenpa

« Reply #42 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:47 AM »
good one!! ;D ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Or how about  SPDV   Saving Plants from Dumb Vegitarians.  And don't forget...we cannot drink water either have to protect all them Micro-organism's,  They have Rights also.   This could be another thread in its own. 
"MORE STUPID THINGS TO THINK UP"

Steve

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:36 PM »
I'm starting a new org. SDPV Saving Dumb Plants from Vegitarians. Stop the maiming of innocent plants. Stop eating there future generations. We'll starve together. I won't eat meat when you quit eating plants and there parts.

We can merge our organizations (PETV and SDPV) for a huge alliance to stop the inhumane treatment of veggies.  Down with salad bars!!!

Steve, in our seemingly stupid attempts at humor, our mockery of the synthetic morality of the extreme leftist organizations leading the charge on animal rights activisim brings to light the rediculousness of their arguments.  Without verbally assaulting anyone, people reading such messages across the internet nationally might just get the message on how inane the PETA message really is and the falacies that they promote.  In my opinion, that's pretty daggone smart.  So, how about renaming your potential thread to "MORE THINGS TO THINK UP TO COMBAT STUPIDITY IN THE WORLD"?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.