FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: catfish baits  (Read 12458 times)

red_eyes

Re: catfish baits
« Reply #30 on: Apr 26, 2004, 02:33 PM »
chicken liver and a huge gob of nightcrawlers
bluegills + frogs

daffydone

« Reply #31 on: Apr 26, 2004, 04:53 PM »
I like to use hotdogs, they seem to work well for me.I caught a nice 6 pounder and a three pounder last friday. cut bait also works well for me.

jmasotto

« Reply #32 on: Jul 08, 2004, 03:06 PM »
???What???  ???

Redneck

« Reply #33 on: Jul 09, 2004, 09:44 AM »
How do you keep hotdogs on the hook?
Redneck

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #34 on: Jul 10, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Hey has any one ever tried taking that stuff for tying roe sacks and putting guts and sucker eggs in for channels ?

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Trophy Hunter,

I've never used roe sacks, but old panty hose legs work wonders.

TReed
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

Stink Bait

« Reply #36 on: Jul 22, 2004, 11:15 PM »
LOL, I was wondering when someone was going to mention the old pantyhose trick. I don't fish with chicken livers anymore (because I don't like the mess in my boat) but I still have a peice of hose in my taclebox from years of fishing with livers. Just cut out about a 2 inch square, wrap your liver in it, tie the top of the bundle off with a peice of fishing line, hook it and fish all day with it if the fish aren't biting. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than buying those mesh bags and definitly cuts down on the amount of liver you will go through.

As far as my favorites, I like bluegill cut with the guts hanging but here in the last month I have been having more luck with just plain old nite crawlers. I always have at least 2 lines out,  I fish both with a nite crawler untill I catch a bluegill for bait then I will continue to fish one with a crawler, 1 with a bluegill. My cousin was telling me of a new technique I am planning on trying, chuming with tender vitals cat treats (chicken or liver flavor) another cousin told me dog food works for chum as well, just spread it out around your fishing area. I am looking foreward to trying it out.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #37 on: Jul 26, 2004, 05:45 PM »
I like fresh shrimp or fresh cut bait from the same water -  Rock bass, bluegill, chubs or eels.  :)
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

trout sen-sei

« Reply #38 on: Oct 07, 2004, 08:40 PM »
We have been using hot dog chunks, shrimp, and Pizza hut pizza crusts for cats in our western pa rivers. No mnsters but a steady diet of 18-26 inch channels.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.