FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Getting the fly rod out !  (Read 2396 times)

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
Getting the fly rod out !
« on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:41 PM »

After seeing the weather forecast for the next week I'm packing up the ice gear and getting the fly rod out.

Those who are brave are free ..       

Wizzofd69

Re: Getting the fly rod out !
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 01:23 AM »
i will be doing the same, that or trolling for some lakers at rv  8)

wiredstone

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:59 AM »
I have my new sharkskin line on. Love this line. My 4wt. punchs thru heavy wind with no problem. Heading to ressica as soon as I get back from Maine.
wooo fish on. Never mind

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2009, 11:46 AM »

I haven't been to Ressica in a few years .. excellent trout fishing.

Cubefisher

• Trout through the ice..... Now that's nice!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2009, 07:00 PM »
Are we talking Resica Falls as in the scout camp? my sons ( both Scouts) and I ( a Scout Leader) do very well there, in fact I need to remember my permit renewal.  Be sure to keep an eye on the ground my sons have discovered  arrowheads there on more than one occasion.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2009, 11:17 AM »
Are we talking Resica Falls as in the scout camp? my sons ( both Scouts) and I ( a Scout Leader) do very well there, in fact I need to remember my permit renewal.  Be sure to keep an eye on the ground my sons have discovered  arrowheads there on more than one occasion.

That's the place. I was talking with one of "managers" of the area about 10-12 years ago. He took me around and showed me a lot of the trout stocking techniques they use. I was impressed by the "canal or pen" they have that off shoots out of the creek. It's like a holding pen for the stockies. They keep the trout in there for a period of time which acclimates them to the water, water temp, natural food, current, etc.. After a period they open a gate and release them. He swore this was one of the reasons for the success there ... I believe him.
They also do the regular stocking from the stocking truck but I believe the "canal" method , though a longer process, is the reason for the success.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.