FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Open lakes?  (Read 4143 times)

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
Open lakes?
« on: Mar 05, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Any Lakes open yet? Ice Free I mean  :D

ShawnM

• MFF Mod Team
  • Captain Of Team Mercer
Re: Open lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2004, 02:42 PM »
NO you'll have to wait maybe one or two more week's. But the river are open for trout till March 28  ;D
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

fishkopp

• Team Extreme
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Drove by Spruce Run today it looks about 1/3 clear , Those spring pike are calling .

Mike

HaveAuger

« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2004, 06:37 AM »
Manasquan Res. is wide open. Went to fish it yesterday after the rain. But with the wind and the rain it looked like chocolate milk with white caps.

Cheslers

« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2004, 11:13 AM »
Furnace Lake in Oxford is 100% open. Drove by this morning after church.

HaveAuger

« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2004, 06:30 PM »
 ;D Spring lake is FULL of trout and is wide open. caught my limit within an hour this morning on chartrusse micro jig tipped w/mealworms. Sometimes with a bobber. Good size to them,12-14"ers ;D. Great dinner!

T-Bubba

« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:28 AM »
Hoping to take the kids out on Prospertown tomorrow morning. Can't let the leftover  "ice bait" go to waste! ;D
We always do really well on that lake whether it is during the ice over or paddling along in the splashy stuff. We will be hitting the surf soon so I want to get my freshwater fix in before the craving for sand and salt in my eyes becomes too overwhelming! ;)  I'll let you know how we make out.

T-Bubba

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2004, 07:49 AM »
Well, we did make it out to Prospertown for a few hours in the morning.  The kids didn't want to take the boat so we fished from shore.  ::) Not a good lake to fish that way.  The wind is always blowing down the lake and onto the shore (kind of makes it tough to cast the light tackle).  :(   I did manage to find a  couple of sunnies that were hankerin for a nice juicy mousie and my son brought in a few small bass. So not a totally 'skunked' day. Can't wait to put the boat in the water and get out to the middle where the big fish hide   :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.