FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sweet....new season of open water...  (Read 4593 times)

BOJIHAWK

Sweet....new season of open water...
« on: Apr 21, 2009, 10:36 AM »
So...what's the scoop out there?  I've been pounding willow a few times...you need to be 6 years old, a girl, and don't pay any attention to your bobber to catch fish from what I can tell.  There were 2 girls, both of them caught 2 each (about 17-18"), fishing 3' under the surface about 20 feet from shore.  Funny to watch.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
Re: Sweet....new season of open water...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Hey Boji, good to see you over from IS. The Nebraska board has been super slow as you can tell. I went out on the Missouri a half dozen times so far, been hitting the Shovelnose Sturgeon run pretty hard the last 4 weeks. Got my limit 2 of the 6 times out, actually caught one with a tag so I called it in to the Feds and she said it had been tagged in 2007 down river 266 miles so it had covered some ground in 2 years. The last time I went out was last week and I didn't land any Shovelnose but I did catch 3 of the Pallids so they went back in as they're a no no to posses. With the warm up I'm thinkin the Channels and Yellowcat will start running, I'm gonna go out a couple days during the week next week and give it a lash. Might head up river Wed. about 30-40 miles and pitch the tent and make a good couple days out of it depending on the weather. Hopefully we'll get this rain on Sat. they're calling for,  maybe the mushrooms will finally pop.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

BOJIHAWK

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2009, 09:45 AM »
yeah...slow for sure here...I guess people are out and about..that's a good thing.

I wish I was "in the know" for Sturgeon.  Never caught one to be honest.  Was with a guy that caught a little one...cool lookig fish for sure.  We've been heading out of the Niobrara area and up to the power lines (and further)...caught a few chunky eyes...one was 25".  My neighbor has done a couple 7 and 8's there.  But it is sooo hit and miss...long way for me to treck but, that's fishing I guess. 

I'm really itching to buy a boat...I sold mine a few years ago due to only using it 4-5 times year.  Now, I've got more vacation time and I think it would be a good time to buy.  I was looking in the Muncie, IN area for some since the unemployment rate was so high.  From what I hear, most folks there are just letting them get repo'd instead of selling them.  I guess depending on what I owed, I don't blame them too much.  Certainly bitter sweet to get deals under those circumstances. 

Good luck with those sturgeon...very interesting.  If you ever get pix...post them.  I would love to see them.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2009, 06:44 PM »
One of the guys that works for me has a place up in Verdel and he's been nagging me to come up and hit the eyes. He said they have been getting some nice ones just above the town of Niobrara, I may take him up on it the week after next. Goin to Michigan the end of May for a neices wedding and my brother in law is an exec. with Olds so he's gonna hook me, my boy and my son in law up with a charter out on Lake Michigan. Never fished the Great Lakes so I'm lookin' forward to that. My son and a couple buddies were goin over to DeSoto Bend after Soccer practice tonight to try thier luck, if it's not raining I might head out on the Mo' tomorrow.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.