FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how bout those ducks?  (Read 12649 times)

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
Re: how bout those ducks?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2009, 11:29 AM »
Crosby does suck. Hes a whine @$$. Might as well play wearing a skirt with a purse over his shoulder.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

crosscobra

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Crosby does suck. Hes a whine @$$. Might as well play wearing a skirt with a purse over his shoulder.

yep the kid get very lucky but heyi have a broken watch and twice a day its right.... boston will destroy the pens

The Splash

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2009, 06:48 PM »
There is nothing more unintelligent than saying a great player sucks just cuz you don't personally like him. Stats speak for themselves!
 Thought you were smarter than that steelie?

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #18 on: Apr 26, 2009, 07:15 PM »
He's definitely a great player, i dont think anyone can deny that. I just dont put him on a pedistal like the NHL does. Why, because there are several players in the league of the same caliber.

My only critisms about Crosby are when he chooses to fight. He's done it twice now and neither incident called for it. Taking liberties with players on other teams the way he has is uncalled for. The last incident when Malkin was cleanly hip checked was rediculous. And he's not the only one that does it. Theres a trend that I dont understand. It seems that todays younger players have to get in a fight after a clean hockey play. Just accept it for what it is and keep on playing. For instance, Umberger got completely smoked by Stuart in our series on nearly an identical play to the Malkin incident and no reprocussions in the form of a fight ensued. Why, cause it was a clean hockey play. But, what Columbus did do was try and lay the body on to even things up if you will. One of those involved Comadore going into the Wings bench after a missed hit. Unfortunately for Columbus they let that hit take them off their game and instead of playing it smart and picking the right time and place to lay on some big body checks. Their focus went from playing hockey to retrebution for that hit on Umberger. It wasnt long and the Wings quickly added a couple goals and went on to win that game handily.

Where am i going with this. One clean hit is not the game and theres no sense in head hunting or fighting after a clean play. Chances are youll hurt your team in one way or another, whether it be a penalty or putting yourself out of position to make a hit. Let the play come to you lay on the hit when the time is right....Retrebution doesnt have to be instantaneous.

By no means do i think that fighting doesnt belong in the game because i totally think that it DOES. Its been a long standing tradition in the game and can give a team a lift. You just need to do it at the right time for the right reasons in todays NHL....The days of the "Bruise Brothers" is over with.
Keep The Fish Pump Runin'!!!
Adam

The Splash

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26, 2009, 07:36 PM »
The NHL does the worst job of marketing in all of sports, but its no different then Lebron and the NBA.
 Its alright, I'm sure most wings fans said Hossa sucks until a couple of weeks ago when the playoffs started and they for the first time realized he's a wing!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2009, 10:31 PM »
I agree with the marketing statement, but when it comes to the abilities of a player, they decide that on the ice for everyone to see. Anyone who is too blind to take notice of how great Hossa is/was before he became a Wing is just being neive to the facts. I am tickled to death that Hossa is on our squad for the playoffs, and its my hope that they can sign him after this year is over. I knew he was a good player in the limited amount that i got to watch him before joining the Wings, but since then he has really proven his worth to me as an elite player in this league. Not only as a scorer, but a great two way player. His touch around the net is unbelievable, but he's as hard a working back cheking forward as youll find. Anyone would be thrilled to have this guy on their team. As far as the playoffs, he proved his post season worthiness with last seasons strong playoff performance. Guy was off the hook and had a BIG game in our closing of the Blue Jackets.
Adam

crosscobra

« Reply #21 on: Apr 26, 2009, 10:41 PM »
The NHL does the worst job of marketing in all of sports, but its no different then Lebron and the NBA.
 Its alright, I'm sure most wings fans said Hossa sucks until a couple of weeks ago when the playoffs started and they for the first time realized he's a wing!

never i thought he was great with the pens and even better with the wings

Cp_Sharp_Shooter

• Fish all day everyday...
« Reply #22 on: Apr 26, 2009, 11:02 PM »
never i thought he was great with the pens and even better with the wings

Hossa has become one of my favorite players this year. Hes been tearin it up!
Many men fish all there lives never realiseing its not the fish there after

The Splash

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2009, 12:23 AM »
As for Crosby "taking liberities". Take it from someone that played travel hockey growing up. The highest skilled players get effed with so much. Of course FSN won't show it being all about the wings, but trust me it happens.  Let me poke at you inbetween the thigh pads and shin guards, get ya where the glove cuff and elbow guard meet! Let me do it for 60 minutes straight and then tell me you won't wanna kick my azz!
 As for Hossa being resigned. The wings are the NY Yankees of hockey. Free agent studs always wanna play there, thank god for the stars they have now that were drafted by the wings. For YEARS they signed high profile players for a year or traded at the deadline for them. Its hard for a team like the Pens that were for sale before Crosby, Malkin, Staal, and Fleury were DRAFTED. Key word, DRAFTED!

Cp_Sharp_Shooter

• Fish all day everyday...
« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2009, 12:57 AM »
I just have one thing to say...

Everybody hates a winner.
Many men fish all there lives never realiseing its not the fish there after

The Splash

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2009, 02:05 AM »
CP with the wisest words yet!

Adam Bomb

• Avid Walleye Fisherman
« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Im not talking about poking, slashing and hacking, i was talking about a clean hockey play, a hip check. As far as the cheap shots and such, they definitely warrant attention, but a clean hip check does not call for an ensuing fight,  i dont care what league you play in or what team you root for.

As far as drafting players, i think we've done a fine job over the years. In the 70's  and 80's we were a poor team and began to rebuild. We got some pretty good players through drafting that were fixtures on our team for years to come.  Some of our drafts from the 80's and early 90's enclude Steve Yzerman, Nicholas Lidstrom, Sergei Federov, Chis Osgood, Slava Kozlov, Vladamir Konstantinov and Thomas Holmstrom to name a few. After developing a very strong core our team became more attractive to top players and we began to sign highly skilled verterans to complete our team. All the while we continued to draft and develope players as well as adding and removing veterans as needed. In doing so we've been able to maintain a high level of competitive play for many years and have continued to do so. Id say we're the model team when it comes to drafting and developing players in the minors before bringing them up to the NHL level. And further proof is our current roster. Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Hudler, Filpulla, Leino, Helm, Ericsson,  formerly Jiri Fischer are/were outstanding young Red Wings drafts.

Pittsburgh had their hay days too, starting shortly after they drafted Lemieux and later Jagr. They had a catalist for a good team and added a very strong supporting cast and went on to win a couple of Stanley Cups. That cast, was not drafted by the Pens. Larry Murphy(L.A.), Rick Toccet(Philly), Kevin Stevens(L.A.), Paul Coffee(Edmonton), Ron Francis(Hartford), Joe Mullen(St. Louis) and Tom Borrasso(Buffalo) are a few to come to mind. So lets not have the pot call the kettle black here.

The difference is our ownership and staff have a commitment to winning and a strong fan base that supports hockey. That commitment to winning has made star players want to come to Detroit and stay in Detroit for their entire carreers...even taking less pay than they could get on the open market....Can you say HOSSA!!!

As far as Crosby and Malkin, I dont dislike them, i think they are fantastic players. I just dont like the leagues marketing of them or Crosby's actions in the Malkin hit period. That and saying the Wings buy their way to victory cause thats not true either.

CP is right, no one likes a winner.
Adam

Steelie Slayer

• Serious Steelhead NUT!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2009, 07:52 PM »
I'll even admit that he is a good hockey player.. What i cant stand is a whine @$$ bit** and that is exactly what crosby is. Yea the dude can play hockey, but i dont care.  He's STILL A WHINE @$$ whether he can play hockey or not.  I hope Crosby and his team get through to the wings... THen we will show crosby and everyone else who the real winner is.
TEAM STEEL!!!!!!!

I caught a fish once!

"We drank all this fish..... And we caught all the beer, err we caught all the fish...... And drank all the beer!"

The Splash

« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Alright bomb, my last comment on this. Shannahan, Chelios, Hatcher, Cujo, Hasek, Schnieder, Hull, do I need to go on?!
 SS, BLAH BLAH BLAh!

crosscobra

« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2009, 06:58 AM »
so we are playing the ducks! i hope that we come out 1st game with some moster hits they are beat up pretty bad

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.