FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157497 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #615 on: Jun 25, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Ok, you guys got me going on the smoking. So i got my brinkman electric smoker out over the weekend cleaned it out ,bought new lava rocks , a bag of pecan wood chips and it ready to roll...
I have only used it for making venison jerky..   I want to do a small whole chicken.  Any sugestions?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #616 on: Jun 25, 2018, 05:55 PM »
Yup! Do 2 ;D

You can brine if you like. I prefer marinating and injecting. Cider vinegar, Franks Red Hot and lemon juice is a nice mix to start with.  Coat with olive oil and season as you like,  smoke slow...250 for the first 45 minutes or so, then bump up the heat to 325-350 till it reaches 180 degrees.

Let it rest for a good 20 minutes before slicing.

That's the best I've got.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #617 on: Jun 28, 2018, 02:54 PM »
Snagged a cool tool the other day. Weber Igrill Mini.

Pretty cool unit. Bluetooth/app based. Now I can watch the cook on my phone and iPad and get alerts when it's done or near done.

Gonna test it out this weekend with the pork loin that's marinating in the fridge.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #618 on: Jun 28, 2018, 04:13 PM »
That's pretty neat. Let us know how it works. I might have to have one myself!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #619 on: Jun 28, 2018, 04:50 PM »
I will BIll. So far it looks as though it's perfect. Real time monitoring.

Best part is I got it at serious discount. It was returned to the store witout a package. How's $5 hit you?

$49.95 retail.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #620 on: Jun 28, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Sweet. Did you just see that bird fly by in the most friendliest manner? Lol!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #621 on: Jun 28, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Bluebird of happiness?

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #622 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Bride said it was too hot to grill. I said never too hot or too cold to grill. Made kabobs and the princess’s favorite noodle salad.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #623 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:14 PM »
Looks great Dan..  I agree about to hot or cold.. I was burning up some LP on the deck  tonight....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #624 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Looks very yummy. Just took the perch fillets out of the brine and laid them out on a tray. They'll stay in the fridge till I smoke them tomorrow.

I have high hopes.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #625 on: Jun 30, 2018, 06:59 PM »
Looks very yummy. Just took the perch fillets out of the brine and laid them out on a tray. They'll stay in the fridge till I smoke them tomorrow.

I have high hopes.

Rg

Looking forward to seeing the results

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #626 on: Jun 30, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Looks great Dan..  I agree about to hot or cold.. I was burning up some LP on the deck  tonight....

Thanks! Tasted even better!

I have grilled BBQ chicken in the pouring rain and we do Surf and Turf in February. Grilling season is 365 days a year for me!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #627 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Many is the time I've shoveled a path to my Weber. The propane assist makes cooking on charcoal really easy in the wind, cold and rain. I'll be starting the smoking in a couple hours. The loin is almost ready and the fish is all set to go.

I might just toss on some wings when the fish is done.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #628 on: Jul 01, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Smoked perch.

Not too bad for a first try. Good flavor for sure. Thicker pieces were better than the thin. Thin ones should have come off earlier.  I think crappies would do just fine. Just have to chunk hem up so you could remove the thinner parts as they finish before the others.

Pork loin is on with the wings.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #629 on: Jul 01, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Looks good! Sausage with marinara, peppers and onions on today’s menu. Sautéing the peppers and onions inside, will let them cook on the Weber in the marinara while i cook up the sausage

Decided to leave the peppers and onions in the house, in the marinara. Will let the sauce soak up the juices inside for a while

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.