FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!  (Read 157390 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: CHARCOAL GRILLERS UNITE!!!
« Reply #675 on: Jul 09, 2018, 05:05 PM »

Is that polish "sausage" or polish Kielbasa?  I am a Pole and there is a big difference.  :D

This is Polish Kielbasa I made and smoked using our passed down family recipe. 

I'm a Bohunk and you're right, there is a big difference. It's Polish Kielbasa.
Yours looks awesome!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #676 on: Jul 09, 2018, 06:16 PM »
 The wife says the white dipping sauce is her variation of "Bob Gibson's white sauce".  A little off my diet plan, but a little does go a long way. Would work great for some dry rub wings too.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #677 on: Jul 09, 2018, 06:35 PM »
At 350 a good sized russet will take about 35 minutes to cook through. But, they're even better if you let them go another 15-25 minutes. I cook indirect on charcoal .......obviously  ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #678 on: Jul 10, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Gonna take a slight departure from the grill tomorrow evening for "happy hour". Got a pile of perch and crappie out to thaw. We're doing a  fish fry.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #679 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:42 AM »
I'm a Bohunk and you're right, there is a big difference. It's Polish Kielbasa.
Yours looks awesome!   ;D

Thanks! I have been making it for 25 years now.

I have also expanded my horizon with different flavors and protiens for both smoked kielbasa and sausage. Pork, Chicken, Venison, Beef, Veal, and even rabbit.

Sun dried tomato and basil ( variations with mozzarella or cheddar and jalapeno )
Spinach and feta
Buffalo spice
Sweet Asain
Broccoli rabb
Sweet Italian
Hot Italian
Bratwurst
Pizza Bratwurst
Maple

Here are a few different pictures.

For 200lb plus batches I use my 5HP #52

Wicked Wec

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #680 on: Jul 11, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Wow! That's good looking stuff!

We've got a pig that has a date coming up with the butcher in the next couple of weeks or so. They do a really good job with everything, but we've decided that this time around instead of them making the sausage, we are going to have them just grind the sausage meat and we'll blend our own as we want, the way we want. We usually "doctor" what they make anyway, but if it's already breakfast or Italian sausage there's only so much you can do with it. So we're going to give it a try this way. If the grinding is all done, that's 2/3 the battle.   :laugh:

A few posts back, you mentioned that you run five freezers (I think). Made me laugh because I run four. When my electric bill comes they tell me that I'm "using 20% more electricity than my nearest neighbors." Big deal! They're spending 80% more at the supermarket and they don't know what they're eating!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #681 on: Jul 11, 2018, 12:07 PM »
Wow! That's good looking stuff!

We've got a pig that has a date coming up with the butcher in the next couple of weeks or so. They do a really good job with everything, but we've decided that this time around instead of them making the sausage, we are going to have them just grind the sausage meat and we'll blend our own as we want, the way we want. We usually "doctor" what they make anyway, but if it's already breakfast or Italian sausage there's only so much you can do with it. So we're going to give it a try this way. If the grinding is all done, that's 2/3 the battle.   :laugh:

A few posts back, you mentioned that you run five freezers (I think). Made me laugh because I run four. When my electric bill comes they tell me that I'm "using 20% more electricity than my nearest neighbors." Big deal! They're spending 80% more at the supermarket and they don't know what they're eating!  ;D

That's some funny fishnmachine! I get the same notice from the electric company and feel exactly the same way you do!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D I go to the market a handful of times a year for actual shopping the rest is out of my freezers, jars, garden or the woods/water. The only thing we consistently go to the market for is milk and essentials for my son.

I agree with you there is only so much you can do with it once its pre-seasoned. I take it you have some way to stuff it on your own. I stuff with both my # 32 grinder and with an actual 11lb sausage stuffer depending on the size of the job.

People wonder how I can afford certain things and maybe I should start telling them the key is spending 20% more on electricity than the average person! Hahaha!
Wicked Wec

iceman260

« Reply #682 on: Jul 11, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Wow some great looking sausages and kielbassas haven' t made any in many years. Pics are making me hungry. Thanks RG on response for nailed potatoes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #683 on: Jul 11, 2018, 06:03 PM »
That's some real production Sharps. You take orders? ;D

Rg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #684 on: Jul 12, 2018, 06:41 AM »
That's some real production Sharps. You take orders? ;D

Rg

Actually I do. I ship a bunch around the holidays but most people just buy in batches of 10lbs and more and make the ride to pick it up.
Wicked Wec

Mac Attack

« Reply #685 on: Jul 13, 2018, 05:18 PM »
Sure, here's my recipe.

Mix in a gallon zip lock bag.
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
   And then I add one spice jar (the ones you get at the dollar store for a buck a piece,  5" tall x 2" diameter) each of the following:
Chili powder
Paprika
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Ground black pepper

It makes quite a bit, so just use what you need, close the bag and keep the rest for later. Also good on pork and chicken. Enjoy.   ;D

Just mixed up a batch of it.
Makes plenty - thanks.

two racks of ribs are going into the smoker tomorrow.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #686 on: Jul 14, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Hope you like it Mac.   ;D

Mac Attack

« Reply #687 on: Jul 14, 2018, 04:44 PM »

It smells good

And the ribs are close
Maybe 30-40 minutes
I’ll keep you posted

Thanks

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #688 on: Jul 14, 2018, 06:51 PM »
It was strip steak, home grown taters in parchment paper on the Weber wit a side of garden fresh cukes for dinner. I love the summer growing season.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #689 on: Jul 14, 2018, 07:00 PM »

Awesome.
A little spicier than we like
So I’m gonna add a little more brown sugar
But good
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com