FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Laker Pics!  (Read 5299 times)

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
  • 26lbs on 10 lb test line! The key is slow and easy
Laker Pics!
« on: Jun 22, 2009, 12:53 AM »
Had the whole lake to ourselves, from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. Weather was very cool and wet. On the way in to the lake we saw this black bear.

The first day fishing I caught this one to warm up on.

Then a little while longer I caught this bigger one. That was all for this day.

The next day was really slow. We got 1 to the boat. When I hooked into it I noticed it was a little heavy.

The pole was bending a little more than normal.

Finally I seen the first signs of the fish getting nearer to the surface.

He's getting tired now and is ready to net.

Not sure how heavy he was as we released him as quick as possible.

On the last morning of the trip the wife finally hooked into this fish. (she didn't want to hold it) ;D

Going on another trip the long weekend in July hopefully for more big lakers!

Cheers

Issiah

Re: Laker Pics!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2009, 03:45 AM »
That Big one is insane!!  Great pics, thanks for sharing...

PIKE FISHERMAN

• Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2009, 03:32 PM »
That Big one is insane!! 
Well said.

Them fish are awsome.. Thanks for posting the picks.
Precision Angling on Youtube. Maine based bass, pike, fly fishing, brook fishing, trolling and ice fishing. Hope to see you on the water somewhere!!

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Heh Bill.....theres a hook stuck on your hat  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Better you went where you did instead of where you wanted to go  ;).  We lost a 20 lber at the boat when he got hooked in the net. Lots of 10-14 lbers though.
Great pics. Thx for sharing.

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2009, 10:48 PM »
Heh Bill.....theres a hook stuck on your hat  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
Better you went where you did instead of where you wanted to go  ;).  We lost a 20 lber at the boat when he got hooked in the net. Lots of 10-14 lbers though.
Great pics. Thx for sharing.
The hook in my hat is in case I loose the one I have on at the time. ;)
Sounds like you guys caught lots more fish. May go there July 1, 2, 3, 4. I almost lost my big fish as it also hooked the net, seems like you can never get a big enough net.

ianwuzhere

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2009, 11:05 PM »
beauty pix!! some nice sized lakers- pretty hard to beat the bigguns u got in the past hey..
Mrs Dance didnt outfish ya? Gotta be a first...  ;) ;)
keep them big fish pix comin!!

Dr Hook

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2009, 03:54 PM »
The laker taker strikes again! Nice job to both of you. Kudos to ya for releasing the big guy :)

T-Man

« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Hey!
Nice fish!
Isn't that one already on the picture board at Bon Voyage? 
Looks like a heavy one to me.

What kind of depth are you trolling at?  Do you look for bait? Fish marking? Or do you have a "go to" depth to start?

So for all the questions, but I just got my little 4.5 hp motor so I can actually troll with my small dinghy.  I'm going to try out some local-ish PG lakes for lakers etc.  I've been collecting plugs and big spoons waiting to get my hands on the old engine so I can troll (its my parents old tender/motor combo from when I was a kid).
Can't wait to try for some bigger fish.

In fact the little engine already got my son and I into a rainbow, which was cool when you consider the whole family was packed into the little dinghy, eating chips and sandwiches and just putting around having a good time.  Chalk one up for the 4.5 SeaHorse!(and Jellyfish UV Apex)

Once again, Nice fish and thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Trevor

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2009, 11:57 PM »
Hey!
Nice fish!
Isn't that one already on the picture board at Bon Voyage?  
Looks like a heavy one to me.

What kind of depth are you trolling at?  Do you look for bait? Fish marking? Or do you have a "go to" depth to start?                                        

Cheers,
Trevor

Thanks T-man, yeah that's the same picture at the Bon Voyage. Marty is the manager of Bon Voyage and he's a customer of Competition Auto where I work and when he seen my pictures that I have on my wall he told me to bring my bigger fish pictures so he could put them up on his.
As far as the fishing goes that day there wasn't any bait showing on the the finder but I noticed at 65 feet there was alot of big fish showing so I started fishing there and the rest is history. I know one thing, catching a fish like that on 10 lb test is sure fun but you need alot of patience and some luck to land them!
Make sure you post all those big laker pics that you're going to catch! ;)

hunterofthedeer

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Thats is quite the fish. I have tried some Lake Trout fishing but now since it has been closed in my home waters of cluculz lake I cant
Fishermans Code- Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Thats is quite the fish. I have tried some Lake Trout fishing but now since it has been closed in my home waters of cluculz lake I cant

Thanks but I believe the regulations say Cluculz Lake is catch and release for lake trout, so if you want to fish for lake trout go ahead. ;)
CLUCULZ LAKE 7-12 Lake trout release; no set lines

hunterofthedeer

« Reply #11 on: Aug 26, 2009, 04:05 PM »
i know that you can catch and release them in cluculz but in the past we have had the fish swallow the lure and then die so no sense risking a hefty fine
Fishermans Code- Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies

northernwillow

« Reply #12 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:41 PM »
i know that you can catch and release them in cluculz but in the past we have had the fish swallow the lure and then die so no sense risking a hefty fine

Regs say: CLUCULZ LAKE 7-12 Lake trout release; no set lines

So if I "release" it after it swallowed my hook and is bleeding like a stuck pig, floats belly up as soon as I "release" it, I am not breaking any law ;)

It doesn't say in the regs CLUCULZ LAKE 7-12 Lake trout release "and it lives" ; no set lines

So IMO you can fish for lake trout all you want but you just have to release them dead or alive.

Spitfire

• A.K.A." Double-L" on I.S.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:55 PM »
    Bill those are nice looking fish ! :thumbup_smilie:  And thanks for sharing.  :flex: :clapping: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie:     - Lou
CATCH & RELEASE  "For Another Day"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.