FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Perch @ LOTP  (Read 2748 times)

5 X Master Angler

• Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
Perch @ LOTP
« on: Jul 10, 2009, 02:20 PM »
Can anyone help me find perch at LOTP?  I am going the first week of August.  I got two small boys and would love to hook into some perch.  Thanks for any help!!!  I have a gps so co-ordinates would help if you could.

5 X Master Angler

Re: Perch @ LOTP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2009, 06:46 AM »
I knew there is no perch in there!  Thanks anyway guys!

sperrin

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2009, 10:10 AM »
I'll also be at LOTP the first week of Aug and am really looking forward to getting into some Walleye & Perch.  Does anyone have any tips or bait that works better then others? I've only been out on the water there a couple times and just anchored down and verticle jigged for the most part....any other ideas?

Thanks,
Stevo
A bad day fishing is still better then a good day at work!

sperrin

« Reply #3 on: Jul 22, 2009, 01:50 PM »
No one on here fishes Lake of The Praries ....? ???

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2009, 10:50 PM »
Depends on where you are going. Rickers by the power lines produces great catches of jumbo perch. Just use a smaller gig with a small piece of crawler. Good luck guys.

BW
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

5 X Master Angler

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2009, 06:38 AM »
Depends on where you are going. Rickers by the power lines produces great catches of jumbo perch. Just use a smaller gig with a small piece of crawler. Good luck guys.

BW
I will be at the Assessippi campground.  Is there a public boat launch near Rickers?  Thanks for your help BW!

sperrin

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I will also be camping at The provincial park. Is there some decent spots right near there? Or is it better to launch the boat somewhere further to the north to hook up with more fish?

Where abouts is Rickers?

Thanks for the help so far....

Stevo

5 X Master Angler

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2009, 11:54 PM »
I will also be camping at The provincial park. Is there some decent spots right near there? Or is it better to launch the boat somewhere further to the north to hook up with more fish?

Where abouts is Rickers?

Thanks for the help so far....

Stevo

If I am not mistaken, Rickers is south off highway 5 on the east side of the lake.  We have had some luck fishing the Shell Mouth River.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Rickers is located just west of Roblin and yes for a small fee they have a very good boat launch. If you guys head just north of the shell go by Pyotts campground. Lot's of good fishing there and just south west of the campground there is a failry large sandbar that was an island at one time. Anyway just off there you can catch some decent perch. Good luck.

BW

TrophyHunter

• 57.25" lake sturgeon
« Reply #9 on: Jul 26, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I don't know what happened on this site but there used to be alot of guys with lots of great info but something happened and most everyone started posting elsewhere.  :-\

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Jul 26, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I don't know what happened on this site but there used to be alot of guys with lots of great info but something happened and most everyone started posting elsewhere.  :-\

To many lurkers and some that use the forum to play havoc with our resources. That is why many stay away.

BW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.