FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2010  (Read 3860 times)

therealjt

« on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:46 PM »
pretty much have the icengear put away. waiting for some spring crappie...also first post of 2010
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

BrianV

• MFF Mod Team
Re: 2010
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2010, 12:58 PM »
pretty much have the icengear put away. waiting for some spring crappie...also first post of 2010

Heya wannabe.

For all that it's bittersweet to put away the ice gear, I love the idea of open water coming soon!

Johny big fish

• The water is so soft no auger needed
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2010, 03:41 PM »
I here ya put the shanty away and just looked at the kayak wondered what to add to it this year
Fishing a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other end

chocolatehuntinglabs

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Haven't quite committed to putting the shack and auger away yet, but everytime I look at the boat I can't wait to get out on it.  The way the weathers going, we'll be out on the boat before we know it.

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Is there any lake that is open? I have the bad itch. (this is walleyewinder23 speaking from iceshanty) I did just talk to my friend that owns a baitshop. He was out at Rathbun catching all kinds of walleye and stripers down at the spillway. First post here at Myfishfinder!! Anyway, is there a lake?  ???
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

therealjt

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2010, 07:52 PM »
glad to see some replies... lets get this forum going good this year
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

Bignate33

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Done with the ice....ready for the soft water again.  Looking forward to hearing about hotspots on here through the season.  Sadly, the boat is currently in a barn...with the amount of snow, rain, and general soggy conditions, it's going to be a few weeks before I can get it out...d**n the bad luck.

Ret58 1

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I'm done, but still have to clean things up before I put them away.  I take hut apart and store cover in a plastic container.  Electric auger so don't have to do anything to it.  Change oil and lube up 4 wheeler so it is ready for mushroom season.  Boat I think will get new bearings this year on trailer.  I pull it back and forth to Minnesota several times a summer, which is 5 hrs for me each way, not to mention all the miles here in Iowa.  So will feel better if they are new.  The ones in there now are 4 years old.  Need to put new gear case oil in motor along with plugs.  Oh I have lots of things to keep me going till I can get on rivers and lakes again.
I think I'm going to like this site and glad someone mentioned it over on IS.

Woody61

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Got all of my open water gear scattered all over the basement, don't know where it all came from but my wife could tell you how much $$ I have spent on it. Dying to try out the new Revo's.
 Hope this side is as good as the IS side.

BTW, howdy everyone.
Just waiting on Mother Nature

therealjt

« Reply #9 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:54 AM »
was casting the fly rod in the yard last night and priced some 3wts
quoted from piker1

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 12, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Planning on going to Salorville spillway. Anybody got any walleye updates? I am DYING to go walleye fishing...
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

BBK

« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Already catching fish over here on the Miss  ;D

tsmith17

• A day of bad fishing is still a good day.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 15, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Let spring arrive already is what I say.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.