FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Making spinners ( lindy rigs)  (Read 4564 times)

5 X Master Angler

• Here fishy, fishy, fishy!
Making spinners ( lindy rigs)
« on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:23 AM »
I was just curious as to what color schemes everyone is using and on which lakes.  I am going to make some before I go on my annual family fishing trip this summer.  My 7 and 4 year old get excited making them and really excited when they work!  Thanks for any advice.

5 X

fishermantim4

Re: Making spinners ( lindy rigs)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2010, 10:54 AM »
Your talking about worm harnesses right?
"there's no fish in this ditch!"

JustOsmo

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I thought he meant making these type lures:

MONSTERQUEST

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Chartruse with red beads,pound the walleye in Simon-house narrows on them

5 X Master Angler

• Here fishy, fishy, fishy!

fishermantim4

« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2010, 10:16 AM »
ah ok. their also called harnesses. i tie them with two hooks instead of one. with the use of large worms walleye tend to bite short here. my favorite pattern is a watermellon willow blade with pink beads for walleye. or a copper blade with orange or green beads. for bass i have a blue perch pattern colorado blade or a small silver colorado blade with blue beads.  i tie my harnesses on about 4-6 ft of 20+ lb mono. the fish usually arent line shy, and the stiffer mono keeps the harness running straight instead of wobbling. the wobbling affects the blade spinning.  size six red hooks.  fire tiger perch patterns are also affective. the intial investment is a bit pricey, but when they get sold for 2- 5 dollars at the store and you use 10-20 of them an outting it adds up.

roughice

• My favourite time of the day
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Found that a 2" willow blade with a chartruese inlay was real good on the Witemud last fall.  Ran that with a 2 hook set up.
Do I smell fish fry?

big70bo

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Where does everyone usually buy their harness rig parts to make their own? I know Cabela's has a pretty good selection as does Northland Fishing tackle but didn't know if you guys preferred anywhere else...
The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't

fishermantim4

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2010, 09:51 PM »
theres a local spot in my town that i buy my stuff at. never bought online.

jiggalo

• TROLL! TROLL !TROLL!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2010, 12:15 AM »
I use 17lb. Vanish for tying my harnesses. As far as bead and blade choices go there thousands. I prefer purples and blues for clear water and flourescents for dark and stained reds are VERY good also. Tie them with quick change clevises so I can experiment with blade color and size. Whether I tie 2 or 3 hook harnesses My front hook is a #2 followed by #4's or #6's. Hope this helps and have fun tying them with the kids I know mine still loves putting the beads on even though a bunch go on the floor-oh well

fishermantim4

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2010, 10:20 AM »
learned a new trick yesterday. replace the front bait holder hook with a treble. when the walleye eat it treble is barried instead of just one hook point. might have to try it this season

Fishing.Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2010, 11:47 AM »
I'll run a 14lb. line with anywhere from 6-10 beads, varying where I'm fishing. Always using a colorado blade, I've never had much luck with a Indiana blade, and I'll usually use 2-3 Gamakatsu, Eagle Claw, or a Mustard hook. Generally I'll use a 6-8 size hook. Good luck with it!

Stevie B

« Reply #12 on: Apr 09, 2010, 12:59 PM »
For the best results and a more professional look, get hooks with a 45º bent eye, and learn to tie snell knots.  Your rig will look store bought and it will run more "true" in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.