FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trapper?  (Read 3542 times)

fishing4life

Trapper?
« on: Mar 08, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Hey trapper,

Like I said I'm new to the area and still trying to discover all the great fishing to be had In the area.  Anyway My best bud from Nova Scotia is coming to visit for a week in may(17-21) and I promised him I'd get him into some fish(shouldn't be a problem).  We're just going to be fishing in the area for the week, I was wondering if you could let us know of any good spots up towards your area, or maybe you want to join us for a day and be our guide?  Anyway let me know what you think.  We'll supply the beer!!!  It's blue right?  LOL

Cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

trapperdirk

Re: Trapper?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:01 PM »
It depends on what the regs say that will limit you to what your allowed to fish fishing4life .
   Our season for walleye and pike open on the long weekend in May which is usually around the 24th . It's always the third weekend in May . I have to see if I have the latest book of regs for 2004 .
   What species are you looking to catch might help me out to give you some ideas .
   Have you got a boat .? Far as beer it's a well known fact that I like the blue but don't drink on the water with all the new enforcement out there and a long weekend is the worst time too . LOL . Will see what my committments are for that week but will see what I can do to help .
   As you know the ice is still on for awhile and its the mode I'm in . ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

fishing4life

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2004, 01:21 AM »
Yeah Trapper,

As for the regs, the season opens on the 15th this year(It's the third Saturday).  As for the species, were going for anything with fins that's in season(some nice eyes would be nice though).  With the boat situation, I don't have one at the moment but am currently in the market to purchace on and will hopefully have one by that date(If all else fail I have on I can borrow).  And as for the booze, I know about all the regs with that and wouldn't bother with it out on the water.  I meant once we got to shore, to celebrate our big catch(knock on wood) LOL!  Thanks for the help, and if you have any ideas of where we should go that would be great!!!

Thanks Trapper
Cheers!!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

trapperdirk

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2004, 04:24 PM »
Well fishing 4 life if you are stuck with shore fishing for pickerel then I would say the dams in Magnetawan is your best bet or here in Burk's falls . I would take the one in Magnetawan or the one out #124 highway at Knoefeli . Both are known to produce some decent fish early on . As to lakes well take your pick . I have 8 not far from me . LOL . Some have better launches than others too . Three Mile lake can be good in the early season and is small enough for a cartopper boat . Launch is not the greatest as it is shallow .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.