FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone fishing and having any luck in westren Nebraska?  (Read 3417 times)

Chevelle

::)

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
Re: Anyone fishing and having any luck in westren Nebraska?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2010, 07:43 AM »
I'm in eastern Nebraska Chevelle and have not been out soft water yet, if the Missouri River ever goes down from the flood stage it's in I'm going to hit it.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Chevelle

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Is it high? Every now and then i am out around omaha for work I would like trying it out for some cats. I have benn fishing out here off and on and having some luck but its realy slow.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:26 AM »
It's real high, I'm trying to remember the last time it was this high and it had to be back in the 80's. It's starting to go down a little everyday, I was out at the cabin tilling the garden last night and it had dropped another foot or so. It still has another 5-6 foot to go to get back to anywhere near normal summer time level. A friend of mine was out in his boat and went by the cabin and said he had zero luck, he had been out for a couple hours. Before you make the trip  this way to fish, pop me a PM and I'll let you know the water levels and if the cats are bitin'.

Chevelle

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Well I have to come out there on monday and leave thursday but i would like to do some fishing out there I just realy doot know my way around out there. Are you Around Omaha? How big do the cats get that come out of the river?

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2010, 06:32 AM »
I'm about 25 miles North of Omaha, the catfishing won't really pick up until the water warms up. When the water temp hits 55-60 degrees they start feeding big time. Channels run in the 10+ pound range and Yellows get up in the 60 pound range.

Chevelle

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Wow that's really good! I would love to catch one that big! What do you use for bait? I will be out there once a month for about a week all the way till November.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2010, 07:22 AM »
I use Wicked Sticky stinkbait or big crawlers for the Channels and your best bet for Yellows is either live bait like creek chubs, frogs, toads, bullheads, bluegill ect. or cutbait. Use a pretty good size hook and big bait for them big Yellows, your best bet on Yellows is putting out a bunch of throw lines, you can have 15 hooks in the water so you can cover a lot of ground with 15 lines with one hook a line.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.