FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: i hit the jackpot today  (Read 7579 times)

grumpymoe

i hit the jackpot today
« on: May 23, 2004, 05:41 PM »
well....just 2 days after the last snow cover melted.....and just mid to high 50's today....i decided to thump around for my quest to finally get some tasty morels.....boy did i hit the honeyspot....picked around 400 in several hours this afternoon    almost beats my best day of fishing ;D ;D ;D  cider.....i am picking your years supply tomorrow......grump ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

fozsey

Re: i hit the jackpot today
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 12:19 PM »
Way to go Moe  ;) We didn't fare that well this year here. We got enough for a few meals, but thats about it. Enjoy  ;)

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 12:26 PM »
thanks fozsey.... yesterday was actually my first time out....today....our monday longweek holiday......steady non-stop soaking rain....if it doesnt stop in the next hour...i am going for more.....grump ??? ??? ???

Cider

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 01:06 PM »
Been raining down here on and off for the last several days too!  Looks like you hit the mother lode of morels!  Yummy!!  ;D

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 01:48 PM »
here is the results of a recent aspergus outing.

Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

fozsey

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 04:09 PM »
If thats what aspergus looks like I will take 200 pounds. YUMMY! ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 06:18 PM »
count me in for 200lbs as well!!!......grump ;D ;D   nice pics and morel morsels.. 8) 8)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 11:17 AM »
Wife saw morels in the local  Bread & Circus(whole food market) for $50/ lb. WOW :o :o :o :o
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 12:10 PM »
pretty wet weather the last while....sunday was the last dry day....got out after work for about 40 minutes and picked these for drying...

slipbob

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Hey grumpymoe I don't know much about mushrooms except the basic store ones but how do you prepare those morels to eat?  Do you just eat em fresh or cook them?

grumpymoe

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 01:01 PM »
there is alot of different ways to prepare morels...some like morel mushroom soup (cream of course)...rolled in flour or crumbs and fried......personally i love to saute them in butter, add whipping cream and reduce....season with course fresh ground pepper and add to your favorite entree....just had poached lake trout the other day, seasoned with fresh onions and dill....cream morel sauce generously complimenting the trout.....fresh greens of choice....i know cider is drooling.....hey.....outta here doggy.. ;D ;D ;D ;D   actually just type in morels on the web....take your pic...some great sites dedicated to the mighty morel with awesome recipes.....grump

Cider

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 01:05 PM »
i know cider is drooling.....hey.....outta here doggy.. ;D ;D ;D ;D   

Arf Arf Arf Arf yelp whimper whine.... Why does everyone always kick the dog around!!  :P  :'(  ;D  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 01:17 PM »
i told you that dog was in the cooking section drooling over everything....i just knew it....4 minutes and 7 seconds to track down food... ;D ;D ;D  any suggestions from the chefs would be appreciated....grump :P

slipbob

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 01:23 PM »
i told you that dog was in the cooking section drooling over everything....i just knew it....4 minutes and 7 seconds to track down food... ;D ;D ;D  any suggestions from the chefs would be appreciated....grump :P
We just need to liquor up the dog sufficiently.  Maybe a 12 pack of hefeweizens to start and some brandy.  That'll keep him at bay and stop the barking. ;)  Come to think of it we should get the chef drunk too and he won't mind the dog.

Cider

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004, 01:28 PM »
We just need to liquor up the dog sufficiently.  Maybe a 12 pack of hefeweizens to start and some brandy.

Brandy!  Brandy!  What are you trying to do poison the dog??  This dog can't stand that sickly sweet stuff!  Only bourbon, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, or Scotch (in that order) shall pass through these jowls!!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.