FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Holmes Lake (Lincoln)  (Read 5117 times)

327trout

Holmes Lake (Lincoln)
« on: Jun 27, 2010, 11:35 PM »
Hey everyone, I'll be out in Lincoln for the 4th and was wondering if anyone has been out to Holmes Lake. I haven't been there since Thanksgiving. Is anything biting particularly well? Also I have caught most fish there but still haven't caught a cat, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

327trout

Re: Holmes Lake (Lincoln)
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Got my 3 day license today and spent the morning at the lake. Started out flyfishing, caught a handful of small gills and 2 crappie, then switched to a spinning rod and jig and caught a couple more gills and one largemouth. Only one keeper though, a crappie. Pretty marginal fishing really but I'll be back out this weekend.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2010, 05:27 PM »
That's good to hear you caught a few, I have never fished Holmes but I might have to give it a lash. Let me know how the rest of your trip goes.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

327trout

« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2010, 06:01 PM »
today we stopped down at the Auburn Rotary Lake, my brother in law caught about a 16 inch largemouth and I caught a channel cat but as I was pulling him out of the water, the hook popped out followed by massive profanity. We are going to a different lake tomorrow, I'll report back.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2010, 06:17 AM »
Sounds like a good day ya had yesterday, the weather was perfect! Weather is not so good today, it's raining here. I don't know if you guys got rain down south, I hope not. I guess I'll just hold up in the shop and get some work done today. Good luck today if you brave the rain and head out, let me know the results.

327trout

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2010, 10:20 AM »
It's pouring down here too but if it doesn't clear up I'm going out this afternoon anyway.

327trout

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Went down to Holmes from 12 to 4pm. Used my hip waders to walk up to the boat dock because it was flooded, stood in the rain and caught some fish. Caught 12 gills, 2 crappie, and 3 bass, ended up with 10 keeper gills. Caught all the gills and one bass on nightcrawlers with a bobber and caught the crappie and other bass on small chartreuse jigs. Even though the weather sucked I had a good time and got my money out of the 3 day license. So thanks Nebraska, I'll be back for Christmas to do some ice fishing.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Glad to hear you had a good time and landed some fish, let me know when you come this way for hardwater. I love the ice and I'm the same name on I.S.

327trout

« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Will do buddy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.