FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: camping around prince george area  (Read 2884 times)

krazykim

camping around prince george area
« on: Jul 29, 2010, 09:25 PM »
preferably within an hour...and not so many backroads (we get lost easy)

if you have any spots good for kids and vehicle accessible cheap/free camping preferably :)

ohhh and decent fishing also
taking an aluminum and a 30lb thrust electric :)

feel free to inbox message if you dont want the world going there :)

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
Re: camping around prince george area
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2010, 09:42 AM »
There is a good lake about 45 minutes out of PG. It has a paved launch. Has 5 pound rainbows at almost every cast right from shore fishing. It has the biggest kokanee I have seen anywhere in BC. I pulled a 7 pounder out of there just yesterday. And a 7 pound kokanee is a big fish. It also has BIG CHAR. Not the little 30 pound ones. They get ate by the numerous 60 pound monsters that are all over the little lake. The lake is so small you wont have a worry in your boat with an electric motor, no waves cause its down in a deep hole.
They actually pay you to fish there because the fish are so plentiful :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding
Your asking alot of the PG area. Anywhere within an hour gets heavy pressure  or anywhere close to pavement.

Cobb lake can be allright but it gets heavy pressure. Not sure about the cost of camping. But thats probably over an hour :-\

krazykim

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2010, 10:14 AM »
i take that the whole thing was a joke? or just the pay you to fish thing?

i am sorry but i got all excited lol perfect for my family....

it doesn't have to be within exactly an hour, just approx.  an hour and a half is fine too i just don't know where is good is all ...

holmes76

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Grizzly lake isn't too far. out the buckhorn lake road.  i watched a young kid catch a nice trout from shore one night. we caught fish everytime we took the boat out. it is going to be busy though. usually full on the long weekends unless you get there early.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Grizzly west can be good to. ;)

FirstCast

« Reply #5 on: Jul 31, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Lots of lakes out blackwater good gravel road and free camping or go north to bear lk provincal campsite there is a short hike to swamp lake ,fishing from shore is productive for nice rainbows. Across the highway is hart lk which has been known to have bigger fish and electric motors are allowed. Tight lines

krazykim

« Reply #6 on: Aug 02, 2010, 12:27 PM »
thank you all my next few weekends are now full of camping spots :D

however, i will be unable to go camping this coming weekend, i have family that will be here, but after that watch out campers/fishers XD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.