FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 17798 times)

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Tour de France
« Reply #30 on: Jul 05, 2005, 10:19 AM »
That's terrible that David Zabriskie crashed. And only 1200 meters from the finish. Well, Lance now has the Yellow jersey once again. Hopefully, he can keep it for the remainder of the tour. It's great to see 3 americans in the top 4 spots after this 4th stage.
Ken A.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 05, 2005, 10:37 AM »
Unless someone puts a huge lead on Lance before the hill stages, there is no reason he should not be wearing the yellow jersey at the end.  Of course, he will have to avoid any crashes or spectators (like the one who ran into him last year).  Go Lance!!!!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Looks like the discovery channel boys are turnin' the screws on the rest of the field as they approach the first mountaintop finish of the tour on Courcheval....I'm more addicted to velonews.com during July than to MFF.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #33 on: Jul 12, 2005, 10:37 AM »
What an awesome display today by Lance and Valverde.  Lance slowly disposed of his biggest rivals one by one going up the mountain. I was really surprised to see Vino crack and lose over 5 minutes to Lance. Can't wait to see the recap on OLN tonight.  The discovery boys set a great pace to shake off some pretenders and set up Lance perfectly.
Ken A.

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #34 on: Jul 12, 2005, 12:35 PM »
I was actually glad to see Velverde get the stage win.  Nice guy who can do it all despite his young age, although the extra couple of seconds Armstrong could have snagged in the time bonuses would have given him a few more seconds over Rasmussen.  That guy (rasmussen) is simply amazing considering he was basically solo for most of the stage sunday.   My prediction is that Ivan Basso is going to have a big day tommorrow!

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #35 on: Jul 17, 2005, 11:19 AM »
What an incredible and thrilling ride by Super Domestique George Hincapie today!  I was so happy to see him finally get his first ever stage win in the tour.  It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  Ivan showed that he is still Lance's main threat.  What a great ride by him today also. Now Lance can rest a slight bit easier being 2:46 ahead of Ivan. A very good showing by team discovery today with 3 guys on the podium(Big George, Lance, and Popovych). Also good to see USA members Levi Leipheimer and Floyd Landis now in the top 7 of GC.  Floyd's hometown is only about 50 miles from me.

And finally, one of the jerks running alongside the riders bit it today. I bet he got a nice burn from the pipes on that one. What an idiot!
Ken A.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #36 on: Jul 17, 2005, 08:09 PM »
Nice wrapup Ken, you said it all.

Mike

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #37 on: Jul 20, 2005, 05:19 PM »
The Discovery Channel team had another great day today with "El Falco" Savoldelli winning the stage and now the team is leading the overall team catagory over T-mobile by 35 seconds. That is a very strong team they have assembled to protect Lance.  It will be interesting who they pick as the leader for next year's team. I don't think they'll take on Vino(even though he would like them to), but maybe promote "Poppy" to the position.
    I wonder if Lance will try to go for the stage win tomorrow?  He likes those uphill finishes to separate himself from the crowd.  If not, he will have a good chance with Saturday's individual time trial.
Ken A.

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #38 on: Jul 24, 2005, 12:18 PM »
There's not much more that can be said about Lance and his Tour de France accomplishments.  It's incredible how someone can be so much more prepared and focused than 180 other riders for 7 straight years.  It's highly unlikely we will ever see something done like that again in our lifetime. And hats off to Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso. Undoubtedly, I see Ivan winning the tour in the next few years.  It seems that Jan finally was in top notch shape during the 3rd week of the tour.  I wonder how much closer he would have been without those crashes.  I don't know if Levi Leipheimer has that extra little bit needed to be a tour winner, but I like his attitude and persistance. Congrats to all who finished the tour, as it takes a dedicated athlete to do that!
Ken A.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.