FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing Weekend  (Read 8260 times)

SaskWatch

Fishing Weekend
« on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Hey guys.
I'm heading down from Saskatchewan at the end of the month. I have a friend working down there and we'd like to do some fishing. He's talked to a few people about chartering a boat and going after tuna. Just thought I'd see what you guys recommended for a weekend of fishing in your area. Saltwater or fresh, any advice is appreciated. We'll be staying in New Orleans if that narrows it down enough.
Thanks.

SaskWatch

Re: Fishing Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2011, 08:09 PM »
Wow, this site is dead. Hope this isn't a sign of what to expect in Louisiana! I'll take any fishing advice anyone has, just looking for how to spend a few days in your state. Thanks in advance.

SaskWatch

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Well, back from my trip to Louisiana. We drove to Venice early last Sunday morning to meet Captain Larry, from LA Charters. We limited out on Red fish, for a total of 90+ pounds. The first one my friend caught was too big to keep, I'm guessing it was pushing 20-25lbs. We also caught a couple small Gar, some cat fish, and one big Sheep head. Oh, and add to that one blue crab.
We had the restaurant at the marina cook up a few bags of the filleted Redfish. The did an amazing job of it, both grilled with onions and deep fried.
It was a really interesting trip for us Canadians and we had a blast. Cpt Larry is a pro, the way he navigated his boat through the canals and got us on top of the fish. Plus he has a wicked sense of humour so he fit in with out group just fine.
I'll post some picks when I get them on my computer. 

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Sounds like you guys had  great time Sas, did you catch any speckled trout?  ;D   Don

SaskWatch

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:43 PM »
http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/trippplenippple/

Here's a few pictures of what we pulled out of the salt water. Not too bad for a couple Saskatchewan boys. Would love to go back and do it all over again.
Thanks for the help getting the picture thing figured out LT

SaskWatch

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 12:23 AM »

SaskWatch

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 12:24 AM »
SHEEPHEAD!

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Sweeeet! Congrats Sas, yer makin' me homesick for the marsh brudder. Don  ::)

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 09:58 AM »
DUDE! In all honesty, I have NEVER seen a sheepshead with teeth like that! That is wicked! Looks like someone put a good set of dentures on that guy! haha. Nice pics and looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing!
All true sheepshead have teeth   ;)

http://www.bing.com/search?q=sheepshead+fish&form=QBLH&qs=AS&sk=AS2&pq=sheepshead&sp=3&sc=8-10

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.