FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Almost there  (Read 1768 times)

ianwuzhere

Almost there
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:22 PM »
sunday checked out local lakes around North of PG.
Not quite yet- ice is trying to get off- just a lil early-thinkin this coming weekend they should be all off- still fair bit of snow getting into some lakes tho ??? ???

Heres a pic of Hart lake yesterday- still ice-very slushy- should be gone by tomoro for sure!!

-starting to see the odd black bear out and about as the weathers startin to sprout the green grass!

Hopefully will have some fish pix come this long weekend!!

-Anyone headin out for the long weekend to try to tighten up some lines??

pgfishin

Re: Almost there
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:14 AM »
There was only half that much water on friday when we were there. Just anchored along the ice edge and couldn't keep them off. Saw a couple decent ones cruise by but mostly small ones biting. And no sign of squaw fish!!!

ianwuzhere

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:26 PM »
rite on- any pix?
good to see the squaw fish #'s not exploding, hopefully they all froze to death this winter and the trout all survived... :-X

pgfishin

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Forgot my Camera but didn't catch anything to brag about, It was still frozen where the big fish hang out but it should be good to go this weekend! Maybe even take a little trek into squaw lake and see if I can catch one of the big ones that hang around the dock right at ice off.

RSC

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:35 PM »
according to my dad the lakes on our ranch near horsefly (about 3000 ft and 40acres) are ice free, still some snow hanging around and super muddy on the roads. Apparently there was a grizzly hunting gophers in some of the left over hale bales.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.