FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Weekend around town  (Read 2515 times)

pgfishin

Weekend around town
« on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Well Got my new waders and flippers in the mail last week so i took the pontoon boat out to gravel pit to putt around and try them out. From 6 in the morning till 9 30 didn't see a fish rise didn't get a sniff. I think gravel pit should be closed in the winter like Hart and a few others, its just to small of a lake to handle the winter pressure. On the other hand headed out to Hart on Sunday and that is a whole different story landed about 50 fish in 4 hours. Could not keep them off! Never got into anything bigger then 2 pounds. Saw a couple of the elusive 4-5 pounders cruising the weed beds but couldn't seal the deal on any of them, well not before a little one bit my fly a half sec after it hit the water anyways. Sorry no picture I usually realize I forgot my camera around the city limit sign. And I need to get a water proof one tied to a float cuz I jsut dont trust myself on my pontoon!

Cheers

ianwuzhere

Re: Weekend around town
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2011, 09:29 AM »
the brookies can be tricky to catch in gravelpit..
sounds like some good times at Hart- ive never caught any biggunz in there, few larger red colored ones. ya u gotta remember the cam-we love pix 8)
-i wanna header out soon in search of a 5+ pounder.
Cheerz

pgfishin

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Yeah hart was good today the fish were a little bigger nothing over 3 pounds though. Had one hit really hard and snapped my 5x tippet. Heading to a green clear lake behind bear lake for 3 days next weekend hopefully find one over 4!

ianwuzhere

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2011, 01:00 PM »
rite on- make sure to bring yer cam as we love pix!!

IceDrisher

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2011, 10:01 AM »
Yeah hart was good today the fish were a little bigger nothing over 3 pounds though. Had one hit really hard and snapped my 5x tippet. Heading to ... for 3 days next weekend hopefully find one over 4!

Pgfishin... don't want to sound like a jerk, but do we have to name lakes? I know ... is not a secret but it doesn't need any more pressure. IMO. I hope you had a great trip though!  :)

pgfishin

« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Icedrisher I changed my post right away and took the name off now your the only one advertising. Just a heads up!

IceDrisher

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up PGfishin!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.