FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Simple Southern Recipe  (Read 2855 times)

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
Simple Southern Recipe
« on: Jun 22, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Simple Southern Recipe, that my gran-parents handed down to my family.
.....It is the recipe I use more often than any other for fried fish....It is so simple, and absolutely delicious.

All it is, is a 50/50 mixture of White cornmeal and Plain Bread crumbs.
With that, I will add a few of my favorite dry seasonings, that go together well with fish.
Which are usually.....cayenne powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and a touch of papirika.
As far as the seasonings. You could experiment to what you like the best that go together well with the fish.
After that, all you need is some nice mild white flesh fish fillets.....this is also the mainstay for southern fried catfish!
Just rinse fillets and leave a little water in bowl with fillets
Heat your pan or fryer with your oil. (I like Peanut oil the best.) But, it's up to you, as long as it's a good high heat oil.
Mix your cornmeal and breadcrumbs with your dry seasoning(bein sure not to over do the seasoning) in either a plastic bag or a bowl(whichever works better for you.
Once your oil is at proper heat,....
Take your fillets and mix them in with your cornmeal/breadcrumb mixture, till they're fully coated and place them in your hot oil til they're golden brown.
(If your using a shallow pan, you will want to flip the fillet once you see the golden brown around the edges. Be sure not to mess with them, til you are ready to flip them. This will keep you from having less broken fillets and keep from loosing the coating mixture off the fillet.)
.....I might add.....this is a quick process (especially with small fillets or pieces of fish).....  and I stress, you want that oil to be hot.

I'm sure y'all will enjoy this simple, but fantastic recipe for your next fish-fry.

Good fishin' to y'all.....Salmonrebel. :tipup:
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
Re: Simple Southern Recipe
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2011, 07:25 PM »
going to give that one a try very soon. thanks man 8) need a change from the old recipies ;)

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
Re: Simple Southern Recipe
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2011, 04:36 PM »
going to give that one a try very soon. thanks man 8) need a change from the old recipies ;)
Your welcome, H.T.
I'm sure you, your family, and friends will like it.
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.