FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stuart Lake fishing derby  (Read 5482 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Stuart Lake fishing derby
« on: Jun 23, 2011, 09:01 AM »
My son and I are going in it for a few days. Any one else on here going? We will be in the American Islands/Rainbow Rock area and in the 20 ft red rigid hull inflatable. Stop by and say hello if you notice us.

IceDrisher

Re: Stuart Lake fishing derby
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2011, 09:57 AM »
I heard someone caught a 24 lb char there last week... sometimes people say Stuart but they really mean Cunningham though? And also another from Pinkut over 15 lbs. Good luck TGF... I'm getting the itch to go char fishing myself.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Just found out my big boat won't be ready from the dealers till July 10th so will be stuck in my 10'4" grey inflatable.  If your reading this Ise De Bye, I will need my 20 HP so won't be able to loan it to you as promised. I will call you later.
Good luck to all going and watch out for the grey inflatable....we will be fishing hard for a couple of days. 

ianwuzhere

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2011, 05:46 PM »
boat wont be ready- grr... i wont be goin. good luck, dont forget the cam- -oya and catch a MONSTER!

ianwuzhere

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2011, 05:52 PM »
that 20 footer woulda been great if gets choppy! any pix?

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
  • 26lbs on 10 lb test line! The key is slow and easy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 23, 2011, 08:01 PM »
I'm going for 5 days and hopefully catch a few fish. We'll see you out there Terry in my 12ft Naden with a 15hp Merc. Good luck!

ianwuzhere

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2011, 05:58 PM »
kewl, hopefully itll be nice and calm the whole time...

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2011, 07:05 PM »
I hope it's real choppy with 6 foot waves....thats what seperates the men from  the boys ;D
I've had waves rolling over the bow filling my inflatable completely with water in one derby. We got real wet feet and the fishing was the best it had been after 3 days of calm sunny weather. Real wet feet but were warm with floater suits on. Even warmer when we caught the 3rd place fish. Lots of big boats were hiding in the bays and behind islands....shaking their heads at us they were. But we got the last laugh ;D

ianwuzhere

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2011, 11:32 PM »
haha rite on- but for Bill he will be one of them hiding in the bays in the 12ft alum. -gotta be at least a few days of calm :)
-got any new trix up the sleeves for this years derby? Ever try a Flourocarbon leader? mite help for them derby winner "smarter" fish in the clear water..
-Ive switched up to flouro with the fly line leaders and i think it has increased my hookups... when yer on the water for 15hr dayz gotta be switchin up stuff often..

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Jun 25, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Yeah I love the Vanish stuff and have been using it for a few years now with good results. Even great for ice fishing to. Definately would hide to if I was in an aluminum boat.
Yes a few tricks hidden up my eye socket...bought some old plugs that might hammer a big one. Wish my poo dough balls would work on the gamefish but only work on coarse fish. :'( :'( :'(

pgfishin

« Reply #10 on: Jul 04, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Any updates or results? Didn't get out this year had a wedding to attend.

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jul 04, 2011, 07:55 PM »
I caught lots of little rainbows and some Lakers. Lost a rainbow about 5 1/2 to 6 lbs as he broke my line and jumped away with my $20 lure, hanging off his face that I put on for the first time.  :'( :cursing: Oh well that's fishing. Not sure who won it or how heavy the fish was maybe TGF has more info.

ianwuzhere

« Reply #12 on: Jul 04, 2011, 10:45 PM »
ahh the biggun that got away- grrr...
was it fairly calm out there or was it super windy??
crappy to hear bout lil ones-tuff to catch them lunkerz!

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jul 04, 2011, 11:51 PM »
ahh the biggun that got away- grrr...
was it fairly calm out there or was it super windy??
crappy to hear bout lil ones-tuff to catch them lunkerz!
Wednesday morning it was calm 5:30am to 8:00am but was windy the rest of that day and Thursday but not too bad Friday and Saturday was like glass all day and Sunday the wind came back really bad by 11:00am.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Jul 05, 2011, 11:48 PM »
10 lb 7 oz was caught in the north arm took first. 2nd  8lb 1 oz and 3rd was 7 lb 8 oz, 4th 7lb 1 oz.
We spent 2 days heavy in the north arm but my biggest was a hair over 5 lbs. Slept in the tent for a rainy night....kinda reminded me of the coast. To wet for pics....sorry guys and gals. Next year my boat will be covered.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.