FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Night crawler capture  (Read 19878 times)

Reelmaster

Night crawler capture
« on: Aug 24, 2004, 12:52 PM »
I have heard from an experienced source that you can mix up ordinary dish detergent with water and dump it on the ground where you know that there is night crawlers.  I guess they dont like the soap and it forces them out of the ground.  It is cheating I know but at least you dont have to wait for rains and go searching at night.  Havent tried it myself but thought you guys/ gals might like to know this.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: Night crawler capture
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2004, 01:50 PM »
Would the fish like it though?

Reelmaster

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2004, 07:43 AM »
yes they do. We tried this last night before we went out for goldeyes and we had success. Also after we caught 12 cats throughout the evening.  Trophy Hunter caught 8 I caught 4
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2004, 10:12 PM »
 ;D Eric we didn't catch the cats on soap we used the dish soap to catch the crawlers in the middle of the day then used the crawlers to catch the goleyes and used the goldeyes to catch the cats.I have heard from more than one person that they have caught cats on ivory soap.Have i seen it no but one guy was from work and i could see him trying it ;DAnd the other guy was from Europe and said they fished for wels cats with soap.

Huckemeril

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2004, 08:24 AM »
Soap is awesome for catching nightcrawlers.Just make sure you rinse them off before you store them or it can kill them.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Or, you can just go out at 10 o clock at night after a heavy rain and get them, I can get 250 in an hour no problem. I've gotten quite proficient at grabbing worms. Plus, it gets the ladies! :laugh:

UPSTATE

« Reply #6 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:11 PM »
 I hit the school play ground at night after a good rain and i catch more night crawlers than i can use in a season and pasquatch the ladies dig this type of stuff? ill have to look into it ;) lol
just tryin to get her done

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Oooooh Yeah! :P
I'll have to hit the school playground..that's a good idea.  Golf courses are good too! ;)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2005, 11:36 AM »
i like baseball fields to get worms - dont forget to cover your flashlight with a red filter of some kind!

cnyfishing

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2005, 06:55 PM »
I've never thought of going to golf courses to get worms...I'll have to try that
"Telephone repair men climb poles fishermen use rods"
      -Gary Loomis
Late to bed, early to rise; fish all day, make up lies.
                  There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2005, 07:42 PM »
I've never thought of going to golf courses to get worms...I'll have to try that
They keep he grass nice and short, its a lot of fun! ;D

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2005, 09:32 AM »
i use a red light on my head light keeps both hands free and doesnt spook the worms kids prefer the flashlights though cause they like to sword fight with the beams when there bored

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #12 on: Mar 31, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Ok I'm gonna give you my secret. DON'T GET ELECTROCUTED! You wire up a rod shaped piece of stainless steel and attach a plug. Shove the sucker into the ground and plug 'er in! You will be amazed at how fast the worms come bailing out of the ground! You just go along and pluck them up! I'm not sure how the wiring goes my dad does it all but it's fairly simple. Just make the rod hot! DON'T GET ZAPPED! It hurts!
KRIS

PS: I assume no responsibilty for anyone's death in the course of using such an instrument

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #13 on: Apr 06, 2005, 11:03 AM »
My best way for crawlers is to till my garden soil extra early.  They can't resist the freshly turned earth, and it makes for easy pickings.  No problem to get 50 crawlers in 20 minutes.

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Ok I'm gonna give you my secret. DON'T GET ELECTROCUTED! You wire up a rod shaped piece of stainless steel and attach a plug. Shove the sucker into the ground and plug 'er in! You will be amazed at how fast the worms come bailing out of the ground! You just go along and pluck them up! I'm not sure how the wiring goes my dad does it all but it's fairly simple. Just make the rod hot! DON'T GET ZAPPED! It hurts!
KRIS

PS: I assume no responsibilty for anyone's death in the course of using such an instrument

would a battery charger hooked up to a piece of steel work?
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.