FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Takla Lake  (Read 4364 times)

ram3432

Takla Lake
« on: Jul 08, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Hey everyone
Well finally gonna get out camping next weekend. Going to Takla Lake for the first time. Just wondering if anybody would care to share a little info. I will post pics when I get back.

Bill Dance

• MFF Mod Team
  • 26lbs on 10 lb test line! The key is slow and easy
Re: Takla Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2011, 07:44 PM »
PM me.

ianwuzhere

« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2011, 09:26 AM »
never been there- i hear people do well on setlines for burbot.  Have fun and take lotsa pix! :)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2011, 02:27 PM »
I did well where the Sakeneche (Spelling?) runs in once. The fish were rising like crazy there and my rod was getting a work out to. But went back the next day and no rising and no fish around anymore in that spot. So I trolled around till I found more rising fish and got into them once again. Just troll around and you will connect. Nice Rec site.

FishingJunkie

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Hey does anyone know anything about those lakes south of Francois Lake (Uncha, Binta and Knapp)? .....I was talking with my dad the other day and he mentioned he went there a number of years ago and the fishing wasnt too bad.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2011, 07:31 AM »
They were good a few years back but in my books they have slowed lately. Lots of burnt areas around the lake from last years forest fires. Not sure how the silt running into the lake might affect the fishing.

FirstCast

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2011, 12:59 PM »
Well I might be alittle late but I have fished this lake a few times and have been very successful in about 30 feet of water trolling apex of differant colours. Had one char snap off half way through the battle,thats the way it always is,the big ones always get away.LOL Ruby eye and FST also works well and have picked up some nice size bows. Set line at 30 to 60 ft. will produce bubot and char but you must release the char. Tight lines.

ram3432

« Reply #7 on: Jul 29, 2011, 07:01 AM »
Well thanks for all the info guys. We went out last weekend but ended up going to a different lake near Ft St James made out really well landed 35-40 fish bigest laker was about 10 lbs and biggest rainbow was 3-4 lbs. No burbot although we tried. We are headed to a differnt lake for the upcoming week so I will post alot of pics when I return hopefully a 10+ lb rainbow ;) Talk later and tight lines.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Do try Elliot lake if your ever in that vicinity again. It has some big ones....rainbows and lakers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.