FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake trolls, flashers  (Read 3333 times)

poorfisherman

Lake trolls, flashers
« on: Apr 24, 2012, 02:40 PM »
I have come into some gear from a freinds grandpa.   He used to fish salmon trout etc.  there is a variety of flashers, lake trolls,  wedding rings, spin n glows and flies.   We normally fish walleye and pike but our lake has rainbows and lakers.  I do have a down rigger.  My question is how do I set up?  lake troll behind flasher?

fontona19

Re: Lake trolls, flashers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2012, 03:48 PM »
People use many different tactics when trolling. All of the gear you just picked up has its time and place. Try trolling a spoon or floating hard bait behind one of those flashers at whatever depth you are marking fish at. Speed is another concern. Most troll between 1mph and 3mph. Hope this helps!

er-e-is

Re: Lake trolls, flashers
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2012, 09:37 AM »
I have had success with lake trolls, we call them pop gear, catching rainbows and early season lakers. add a 18'' leader behind the gear and a fairly large worm hook and thread a nitecrawler on, troll quite a ways behind the boat. Start slow and on the surface, vary speed and depth till you find what works best in your area. Your speed, line size and added weight will control depth or you can use the downrigger. Troll is "S" shaped trolling patterns, many times a fish will hit as you are in these turns.  Do a search for trout and salmon trolling techniques and you will find a lot of good info. There is also some good posts on this page about trolling, look at Sluggo's posts. Good Luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.