FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Active duty  (Read 2428 times)

DIRTBALL2

Active duty
« on: Sep 28, 2004, 06:26 AM »
barleydog, Just recently heard that you will be going on active duty in, I assume, Iraq. Please accept my whole hearted best wish's and support. Nobody knows and understands  the kind of sacrifices you are making like another veteran. Your family will be serving right alongside of you. A service man's family are too often forgotten when attaboy's and appreciation are being passed around. May God bless and keep them in the difficult days ahead of them. Wish there was something I could do to help them but I just live too far away. For what it's worth, you have my whole hearted support and appreciation for what you are doing for me and this great country of ours. Hope you can at least find someplace to do a little fishing wherever you are sent. If there is anything you need(in order to go fishing) while you are on active duty, I would consider it a great honor if you would let me know([email protected]). I'm sure that all MFF members will be pulling for you. Please keep us posted, if you are able to do so, on how you are doing. May the Fishing Gods watch over you and keep you safe and well and return you to your family. Warmest regard's, Keith Forsberg and family  aka:DIRTBALL2
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Re: Active duty
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2004, 12:10 PM »
Kieth,  Thank you so much!  Your words are very kind to say the least.  Our unit is unsure of the final destination in the desert, but it looks like wherever it is, it will be warm!  Can't say much about our mission at this time, but it's not your typical AF deployment when you support the Army.  I must say that my absence from the family will be tough.  This isn't the first time I've been separated from my wife, but this is the first time my boys will be without me for this long (7 mos.)  The wife is a pretty good fisher who will have to take them fishing in my absence!  I'll email you and MFF/Shanty from the desert and give you all a fishing report.  I'm sure fishing in a flack vest and Kevlar helmet can't be to hard eh? ;D  Kieth, Thanks again for your support!  I will keep in touch....  Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.