FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE????  (Read 3774 times)

reubenpa

PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE????
« on: Sep 30, 2004, 09:43 PM »
What is your thoughts?

I thought both did good, but Bush was more logical, realistic, knowledgable and better, and he is getting my vote!!!!   shoot all you democrats, but I am not changing and I a, voting for tyhe winner of tonights debate and the election!!!!! :clapping: :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Kerry seems a little :cookoo: :cookoo: lol
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bigdave1018

Re: PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2004, 05:41 AM »
what debate? they both suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2004, 08:13 AM »
Overall I thought it was pretty even. 

Kerry is obviously the more eloquent speaker (like a sleazy trial lawyer  :P) but he still has no position on anything.  Kerry voted for the war, but we shouldn't have gone to war, but Saddam needed to be dealt with, but he wasn't a threat..... ??? ??? ??? ???!  I was more confused by Kerry after watching the debate than I've been from following his campaign in the news! 

President Bush is not the smoothest talker but he gives the impression of being a guy you can sitdown with, have a beer and talk to about anything, someone you can trust.  I thought President Bush made his points and is still sticking to his agenda so you know where he stands and what he's going to do whether you agree with him or not.

I still stand by the philosophy: 

John Kerry & John Edwards '04 --- When you're this full of SH*T you need two Johns!    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

FOUR MORE YEARS!.....
FOUR MORE YEARS!.....
FOUR MORE YEARS!.....

A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

TimC1086

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2004, 11:45 AM »
Im not getting into this. Im just glad you all went into the debate with your preconceived notions of kerry as a positionless wonder, enough to prevent yuou from listening to what he actually said (kerry used actual words by the way... the president seems to be fond of making up his own).

maybe i ought to vote for bush after the tshirt i recently saw... portraits of bush, cheney, rumsfeld and powell... and the words "Why change horsemen in the middle of an apocalypse?"

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2004, 11:51 AM »
I think that both did OK, but not enough to convince the swing vote.  IMO, Bush really had a chance to widen the lead but really let Kerry off the hook, especially on Kerry's Congressional record on defense spending.  This race will be a tiny bit closer, but I predict that his lead will hold.  

Next week will be a tough debate for Bush and Kerry both, on domestic issues, simply because both of them see eye to eye on many of the issues (the ones in the limelight right now).  The issues that separate them are the typical conservative vs. liberal issues that crop up every year.

I'd rather have a free for all debate, where they can respond to each others questions.  Now that would be interesting!  Better yet, how about putting them in a ring, let Michael Buffer announce them, give them some gloves and let them duke it out!!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Well, I heard him something about a global opinion on any decision he'd make to go to war.  To me, if you have our national security on the line, we don't need any global concensus.  I think that alone would have been enough to sway my vote if I was undecided.  That is the whole problem with the UN.  Everyone has their own best interests at heart when they decide to get involved in a conflict or not, and rarely are those in the best interests of the US citizens.  In fact, many of the UN countries are dictatorships or anti American to begin with simply because we are a democracy.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2004, 12:33 PM »
  President Bush is not the smoothest talker but he gives the impression of being a guy you can sitdown with, have a beer and talk to about anything, someone you can trust. 

i can not believe what i am reading!!!  :o  did you just put the words TRUST and PRESIDENT into the same sentence? is that clearly what i am reading? i am not a political person by any means, but i dont think we have had a president yet (atleast in our lifetime) that has been trust-worthy!...lol and i definitely would not share my hard earned beer with bush either, if he was buying i might consider it!...lol  ;D

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2004, 01:55 PM »
you are right Tim C Kerry used real words.....  I have never wavered in my life!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

I noticed on the commentary afterwards that they picked at Bush the same way Tim did... his word usage and action... couldn't get to the meaning of his words and Kerry's cause you couldn't find what Kerry meant...  lol and they don't like bush so much that they won't listen to him  ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.