FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Let's get this started  (Read 3364 times)

jbuss79

Let's get this started
« on: Mar 15, 2012, 11:20 AM »
No point in pining over the ice. Anyone have any luck the last couple days? Anyone heading out? Myself, I'm going to try and figure out what's up with Curlew. People say there's fish in there. Was gonna head out Tuesday but didn't feel like contending with the 40 mph breeze. Think I'm gonna go give it a try and if it sucks, New Wall Dam isn't too far down the road.

jgouldin

Re: Let's get this started
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:10 PM »
I am going to orman to do some shore fishing had really good luck last year with it and hoping to do the same this year!  never fished curlew or new wall though would like to try some other lakes.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2012, 05:49 AM »
What's up guys? I fished orman tonight. No walleye spawning at the dam yet and the chanel is roaring...
Should be picking up though. Anyone know a website where you can figure out the water temp.

jbuss79

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:09 PM »
Don't know about the temp but below is a link to see how fast the water is running and what bodies of water are in/near flood stage, drought stage, etc. Also will take the opportunity to remind everyone of the critical fire weather this weekend. Be careful with sources of heat, like your car parked in tall grass, etc. Already turning into an active fire season out here and we don't want to ruin the fishing for anyone by starting a big fire. Be safe, and best of luck to everyone.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=unr

jgouldin

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Again no water temp but lots of info 
http://www.usbr.gov/gp-bin/arcweb_bfr.pl

cynjon

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2012, 06:21 PM »
I am going to orman to do some shore fishing had really good luck last year with it and hoping to do the same this year!  never fished curlew or new wall though would like to try some other lakes.

Any luck at Orman?  I was considering going next weekend...it's a frustrating place to fish from shore with the huge changes in water level at times.  Water was high all last year.  Definitely a better lake to have a boat on, in my opinion.

jgouldin

« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2012, 09:41 PM »
I had really good luck from shore last year from april 1st to may 31st.    The first trip this year was a bust tried the cannal and the water is moving so fast and alot of grass and logs coming down made it a little hard to start then the bite was very light not may bites either never did get one on shore.

KingCat

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2012, 12:52 PM »
I haven't been to Orman in a week, but may just bring my little duck boat out there this weekend and float around.

KingCat

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2012, 10:43 AM »
Fished Orman from shore Saturday. Awful muddy by the dam from Friday's wind. Awful slow as a result. Didn't see anyone with a fish. Also fished the canal, lost a carp, but slow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.