FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sasha.....one man's dog  (Read 7452 times)

grumpymoe

Sasha.....one man's dog
« on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:20 PM »
a sad story of a man jealous of his friendly dog's good nature.....we live on a ranchers 1/4.....along with several forget me not dogs....this border collie is one of a lifetime.....she nips strangers in the heels....but to anyone that knows her inner spirit...she is gentle....loving....and one of a kind.....over the last 1 1/2 years.....her owner has attempted to make her into what he thinks is a great cattle dog.......but Sasha has an intermittent spirit that brings her to loving affection...food..hugs...and mutual admiration of free spirit...........now to the sad part....tonight....nancy and i were in the shanty.....anticipating hardwater.....Sasha comes over...and licks and loves her way into our arms.......wary...that her owner is watching over 1 mile away.....i crystal balled an omninous statement....he's watching......less than 20 minutes.....as Sasha lays curled up around the fire....he.....presents himself in the doorway......more than 10 times...."this is my dog!!!''' how dare you pet her......how dare you show affection to my working dog!!!.....lost for words......what would you say???.......HE grabs her by the scruff of the neck...lifts her off the floor of the shanty....and drops her at his feet....about 8' from the door....."the next time will be the last time" as he drags her away!!!......DONT PET MY DOG!!!!!......what would you do?????...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrump!!!

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Sasha.....one man's dog
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:36 PM »
What would i do? I would have grabbed the closest 2x4 or what ever and cracked that peice of S**T right across the back of his head and that dog would be staying put or he would have another taste of 2x4 people like that do not deserve to have animals that is truly a sad story Grump what a jerk :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cookoo: Sorry that happened bud :(

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:43 PM »
Respect is something that is earned!!!!.....either through assocation over time....or...through mutual love.....not something that is hammered into any spirit.....TH....yes...the thought of a 2X4 entered my mind...but i was totally flabbergasted at the face in MY DOORWAY.......if i had a couple more pops....HE would have been popped......thanks for supporting ones that cant talk........Grump. >:(

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:53 PM »
Grump I would have been shocked and stunned is more the word.After thinking for a second or two i just can't understand why that guy would do that..........I really just don't get people like that.Sure is a tough situation there has got to be some thing a guy could do to remove that dog from the abuse.Any thing i can think of would not work cause this dude seems like a mean SOB that would hit his own mother. >:(

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2004, 11:41 PM »
I had a Border Collie / Blue Heeler mix in OR for 4 yrs.
They are extremely intelligent and very willing to do their job.
There is no need to use any force or "keep them as working animals" only. Anyone who has spent time with these dogs knows that. They want to make you happy.
I would have reported him for abuse, don't know if it would have helped? But there's really nothing else you can do.
Tough spot to be in, Grump.

The Rocket

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2004, 11:47 PM »
That's a Tuff one. My sympathy's Grump. Athough, The 2x4 would have been good, I keep a hockey stick behind my front door.
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2004, 09:17 AM »
hey grump.....
as a volunteer at local pet animal shelters, i see alot! you can report him for animal cruelty. the problem is catching him in "the act".  if video taping this kind of abuse is possible for you to do, that is what i would suggest. only do it on your property like in the incident that just happened because if you video tape any abuse on his property, it will never hold up due to invasion of privacy.

i see all kinds of abuse and it truely is sad... these animals are mostly just looking for attention and can sense who will give it to them and who to hide from! right now at the one shelter i volunteer at, we have 11... count them...11 beagles! what happens is the hunters take there pack out, run them, and the dogs that "didnt cut it" get left in the woods and the good ones go home! well, we now have 11 beagles that  need a home! its not the animals fault... some are not smart enough, some were not ment to be hunters, some just want to be lovers.... if you do nail this guy for abuse, go to the shelter after the fact and adopt the dog back to you... obviously the animal has chosen you and your wife for comfort!

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2004, 10:49 AM »
If you knew the owner of the dog did not want his dog being shown affection maybe you should have respected his wishes and not gone and did what you did. Being that said, I see nowhere in your post where you might have known that. The owner should have told you he didn't want his dog being taken care of that way and at that point you should have respected his wishes and not shown any love for that dog.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2004, 01:52 PM »
thats why i was so flabbergasted...i always felt that maybe he thought she was imposing on us...which was never the case....sometimes he would knowingly let her run up to us for a pet...other times, he made sure she stayed put....i often mentioned that she was super friendly and nice when we had visitors...but not once did he say anything......until he blew his lid last night.....oh well...takes all kinds....Grump :-\

The Rocket

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2004, 02:37 PM »
I truely feel for you grump! For 2 years, we had a neighbor that was an all out Jack**s.
He called the police on us when we had done nothing wrong. Stalked us nightly. Harrased us every day.
Threatend our dogs. The best day was when he moved!!
My sympathys Grump!!

Rocket>
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Maybe you can find a friend who would like the dog and then reappropriate the dog to a good home!!! >:(   What a hard place to be in.  Wanting to help, and not knowing what to do.  I'm not really serious about stealing the dog.  Just a spur-of-the-moment evil thought.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #11 on: Oct 14, 2004, 06:27 PM »
i agree with devil-man ,a border collie does not need special training or in this case abuse to be a good work dog.this is what they are bred for.they love to work.they LOVE to do their job!!this guy is just an ass who need to abuse his animal to deal with his own psychosis!!maybe his daay didnt love him enough or maybe his mama loved him too much.either way he doesnt deserve the love and loyalty a dog will give you unconditionally.
Scotty 

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14, 2004, 06:42 PM »
thanks for everyone's thoughts on this one.....thought i would show a couple of pics of a classic border collie.....and their love to work, please, and play....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

devil-man

« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2004, 06:34 AM »
The coolest part about them is they will work (or play!) until they literally can't anymore if you let them. Nice pics, Grump. Almost all frisbee dogs are BCs.
I lived on a farm with 2 BCs and my Blue Heeler mix- they are fantastic canines!

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:27 AM »
I feel sad for the dog, and sad that you and Nancy got stuck in the middle of an idiot's jealousy.  Good thing you didn't provoke the idiot, who knows what he might have done.  I guess all you can do is shoo the dog home if she comes over, even though your place is probably the only place she gets any comforting.  If the owner wants to keep the dog at home, he'll have to leash or corral her some how, otherwise, expect more visits from the SOB when the dog goes missing, whether the dog is at your place or not.   
(Revised.......)
If you know any of your local RCMP detachment, mention the incident to them, particularly if you see any more signs of abuse.  You don't need to file a complaint to get their angle on the incident, and give you some free advice.

Sad situation, Grump.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.