FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Orman  (Read 31699 times)

cynjon

Re: Orman
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2012, 11:25 PM »
At least there's no water moccasins to worry about!  Still, no noodling for me, thanks...

tehwarrior50

« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:31 AM »
On a side not fellas
the fishing off the dam face is awesome right now.

KingCat

« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2012, 01:03 PM »
I'm hoping to get out there tomorrow or saturday, sure there will be a big crowd but will see what happens. probably need to restock my jig supply. may try some cranks if not too windy, but hate losiing them expensive SOBs.

Kusser74fire

« Reply #18 on: Apr 05, 2012, 06:53 PM »
The dam on Orman hot from both shore and boat? What are you guys using, was out last saturday and tried everything in my tackle box, and had no luck at all, the boats going by infront of us were catching walleye, but was really slow! Just looking to catch fish, not looking for your so called "secret" spots!

KingCat

« Reply #19 on: Apr 06, 2012, 02:14 PM »
i'm guessing hot for both shore and boat. i usually pitch jigs and minnows or gulp/plastic, and cast crankbaits parallel to the shore if possible. this time of year, the time of day plays a big role in catching. I think dark has been good lately.

jgouldin

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2012, 11:15 AM »
Fished the dam yesterday afternoon and evening  only caught one eye in the slot and two smallmouth bass.  Lots of ppl started to come out at 5 for the evening bite and everyone around us was cachting walleye but us.  guy to our right caught atleast 6 and the group to the left caught atleast 4 four.  Also heard of walleye being caught in cannel right before dark and catfish after dark.  both groups around us casting jigs and my only eye came on a crappie rig.  also seen a guy in a boat pick up a eye right infront of me when i first got there.

Wy-Joe

« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2012, 05:20 AM »
thanks for the reports guys. work has really gotten in the way this week. Maybe next weekend I'll get there.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2012, 07:37 AM »
So has the water out there been really churned up the last three days. Its been high seas at night. Managed to catch one in the slot and one at 18 tonight. Also they seem to biting really light lately.

Wy-Joe

« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Went out fri morning and got schooled by my wife and the kids. They caught 3 slot eyes in an hour. Even my 3.5 year old had a walleye on his spiderman rod. Either it just wasn't my day or else I was too busy trying to control the boat in the waves. Tried to get out of the wind but I had enough of the high seas and left way to early.

jgouldin

« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2012, 12:09 AM »
Fished the cannel for 2 1/2 hours tonight(sat in the rain!) with my dad and got a 18 1/4 and 22.  also got a 22in drum which put up a really nice fight both eyes were males.

jgouldin

« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Fished the cannel again today had 5 or 6 really light bites then at 630 a 23in cat bent my pole almost in half.  Kinda sad no eyes but the cat will eat good too.

KingCat

« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2012, 02:37 PM »
haven't been up to orman for a while, but heading out there maybe Fri nite and Saturday. Broke down and upgraded to an older used (but newer than my older older one) boat so will be out seeing what needs to be fixed, and hopefully being able to fish. haven't been out on a boat on Orman this early, i guess i will try jigging and lindy rigs, see what happens.

tehwarrior50

« Reply #27 on: Apr 22, 2012, 08:57 AM »
Anyone have any luck out of the channel or off the dam lately? The rain and wind seems to have messed stuff up.

KingCat

« Reply #28 on: Apr 30, 2012, 06:54 PM »
battled some awful conditions last week on orman. had decent luck pulling plugs, caught three in the slot, as that was about all i could do in the rain and wind (which is why i say decent luck!). tried bottom bouncing but didn't pan out. fished the south side of the lake. anyone else been out?

Wy-Joe

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2012, 07:54 AM »
High Plains Anglers tourney  this weekend. Take off at 7 am. Weigh in at 4 pm at the boat ramp. Good luck to all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.