FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Hills  (Read 2368 times)

jbuss79

The Hills
« on: Apr 09, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Buddy and I got kitchen passes tomorrow. Heading up early after we get off work. Anyone got any good reports from the Hills? We were thinking Sheridan or Pactola. If one sucks, we can hit the other. Thought about the park (CSP) too. A lot of different options there. Don't care what we catch. Will fish for about anything. Looking for a good report from somewhere to give us ideas. 

KingCat

Re: The Hills
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2012, 12:18 PM »
I would guess most of the lakes in CSP should be going pretty good. Stockade is where i'd start for trout and pike. Havent heard much on Pac, but surely the rainbows are biting.

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2012, 02:02 PM »
oops, panfish at stockade, and bass. not so many trout in there. but sylvan would be good.

jbuss79

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2012, 08:36 PM »
Opted for Pactola. Got there at 8. It was cold. Calm, but cold. Fished from 8 until 12:30 with not so much as a bite. Stickbaits, minnows, powerbait, spinners, the whole shapoopie. Finally moved over to the north side of the lake into a protected bay and proceeded to catch Rainbow Trout like I haven't caught rainbow in a very long time. Salmon eggs or corn under a stick bobber. Biggest was only about 12 inches. All of them were lip hooked since they weren't biting too hard so they all went back. Only fished for an hour more but got a dozen in that time. After I got my little dude picked up and my chores done, hit Rapid Creek between Omaha and the low-head dam in Sioux Park. 5 Browns, the biggest being 12" and the smallest about 9". All on nymphs with my fly-rod. Don't know about all the other species of fish, but the trout sure seem to have come on the last few days. Nothing too spectacular today, but it's hard to belly ache about catching fish even if they are small.

KingCat

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Nice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.