FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone here carp fish?  (Read 12867 times)

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
Re: Anyone here carp fish?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 13, 2013, 03:27 AM »
How hard are hair rigs to tie?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #61 on: Mar 13, 2013, 04:02 PM »
Piece of cake. Snell a hook on the line and tie  loop at the end. You can make them complicated, but it's really all there is to it.

Google it and you'll get more info than you need.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

danny b

• northernnnnnnns!
« Reply #62 on: Mar 14, 2013, 12:18 AM »
Just watched a YouTube video on it, doesn't seem hard. I may have to try it if I ever get back into carp fishing.

puncho

• to fish or not to fish that is the question
« Reply #63 on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:47 AM »
I am planning to target carp this spring, the ice will probably be out only in Mid-April still got about 3 feet of the white stuff on the ground, I wish I had a kayak but the finance won't permit me to have one before July or so.

I do have two 9 feet poles I could use for fishing them & a gopro camera to film the action, will try hairriiging for them, also if I do not succeed from shore I may use my 14 foot aluminium rowboat to fish for them but have doubt about using the 20 horsepower engine (it will scare them off).

My only carp caught was a 21 pounds 3 onces with a red devil lure by accident fishing for pike from shore so far.
I am a fishing forum addict, is it really a bad thing ?

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #64 on: Mar 14, 2013, 10:30 AM »

bigjoesfishing

« Reply #65 on: Mar 14, 2013, 11:18 AM »
I am planning to target carp this spring, the ice will probably be out only in Mid-April still got about 3 feet of the white stuff on the ground, I wish I had a kayak but the finance won't permit me to have one before July or so.

I do have two 9 feet poles I could use for fishing them & a gopro camera to film the action, will try hairriiging for them, also if I do not succeed from shore I may use my 14 foot aluminium rowboat to fish for them but have doubt about using the 20 horsepower engine (it will scare them off).

My only carp caught was a 21 pounds 3 onces with a red devil lure by accident fishing for pike from shore so far.
you never want to fish for carp from a boat. you might scare them away! and its a pain to land a big carp from a boat. A hair rig is the best rig to use!

bigjoesfishing

« Reply #66 on: Mar 14, 2013, 11:19 AM »

good link for big joe to check out

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=257983.0;topicseen
nice mirror carp! You are weighing the carp wrong you can kill the fish that way! Invest in a weigh sling and carp mat. And a decent net and your all set!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.