FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bookmarking My Favorite Topics?  (Read 8875 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Bookmarking My Favorite Topics?
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:40 AM »
Greetings,

When you surf the web and find something of interest you can Bookmark it in a Favorites section. How about something like this for my favorite MyFishFinder topics? (Or is there some way to do this that I just have not figured out yet)?

It would save me a lot of time scrolling down through the various sections, unless that is what I wanted to do at the time.

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
Re: Bookmarking My Favorite Topics
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 12:17 PM »
create a folder in your favorites. when you find a thread you like, save it to your favorites and then drag it into that folder to keep things neat.

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

Scott

• Administrator
  • Jig Jig for a big pig
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2004, 03:52 PM »
We had that on the old software. Not anymore. You can however, and its probably a better way, use your browser bookmarks/favorties feature. If using IE click Favorites>Organize Favorites>Create New Folder Type in MFF for the folder name, then the next time you add a bookmark store the link in the MFF folder you made, give the link a name and you should be all set. If you really want to get organized add more folders within the MFF the folder to keep your links even more organized by topic state or whatever.

-Scott

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2004, 11:16 PM »
Thanks Scott,

Will have to give your suggestion a try. I had copied several posts to an email message then sent it to myself. That way when I open up Outlook Express to check my messages I can go to the folder I set up for Fishing and click on the link to either the MyFishFinder main site (home page) or the specific topic I wanted to check on. The system works well until you want to add another topic link, you have to start a reply, add the info and re-send the message to yourself. Kind of a pain.

Have to see if I can figure out your way . . .

Thanks again for a great site!
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Muskie Matt

Re: Bookmarking My Favorite Topics?
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2004, 08:29 AM »
Couldn't start a new topic in here so I'll post my ? here. What is the section Child Boards? Doesn't appears kids are using it and now we'll have to check the child boards also. Info is being posted everywhere!~!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2004, 09:44 AM »
I've got a real (or reel) solution for y'all on this one...  Open a new window for Internet Explorer for each board that you want to track, then keep them open 24/7.   When you are done for the night you can disconnect or not, your choice.  When you are ready to check them, hit your refresh button.  I was joking when I first started typing my response, but after reading it back, it sounds pretty good ;D, LOL.

Matt, I hope that you are joking here because if you are you are crackin' me up ;D.  If not, then I apologize for cracking up and will offer you this explanation.  The child boards are simply sub topic boards for the larger topic.

Muskie Matt

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Sure glad someone has a sense of humor  ;D

Luv2Fish

« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2006, 01:00 PM »
Where did the New York State: Lakes    Topic go ???
It was great being able to go to one place and finding the Lake we
want to look up !!!

bobberstop

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Luv2fish you need to have 5 posts to see it.                      Ron
Bobberstop

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com [url=http://www.myhuntingforum.com

Luv2Fish

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2006, 08:16 AM »
Thank You Ron !   
I thought that I was losing my mind.   pam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.