FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new gear for 2014  (Read 16787 times)

jibbs

new gear for 2014
« on: Mar 18, 2014, 12:59 PM »
not much new for me this year...bass pro just opened up 30 minutes from my house in hooksett, nh...i did purchase a few of the  new gary yamamoto crankbaits and few of his topwater baits...the colors are nice and the i like how they come with triple grips...besides that two new falcon baitcasting rods matched up with quantum energy's for shallow water cranking and flippin and pitching...looking forward to the season but winter will not let go
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: new gear for 2014
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2014, 01:50 PM »
How is the new BPS? I know a bunch of the locals were crying because BASS pro shops didn't have a bunch of trout and salmon gear... go figure lol. It's only about 25 minutes from my shop but after working 10 hours I usually just want to go home to a nice hot shower... I haven't braved the weekend crowd yet. Did they have some of the new Storms you mentioned before?

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2014, 06:06 PM »
How is the new BPS? I know a bunch of the locals were crying because BASS pro shops didn't have a bunch of trout and salmon gear... go figure lol. It's only about 25 minutes from my shop but after working 10 hours I usually just want to go home to a nice hot shower... I haven't braved the weekend crowd yet. Did they have some of the new Storms you mentioned before?
they did have some new storm baits..it's a nice store and plenty of variety but over priced...the rods and reels are standard price but the plastics and hard baits are 2 dollars more..the best part is being able to see what the color actual looks line and the bait..no guessing through a catalog or on line...I found a few colors that I liked and ordered them from eBay..haha..go eArly in the morning...filled up around 11 am
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2014, 08:52 AM »
they did have some new storm baits..it's a nice store and plenty of variety but over priced...the rods and reels are standard price but the plastics and hard baits are 2 dollars more..the best part is being able to see what the color actual looks line and the bait..no guessing through a catalog or on line...I found a few colors that I liked and ordered them from eBay..haha..go eArly in the morning...filled up around 11 am

I hear ya there... It's tough to gauge what some lures actually look like or how big they are on paper or a computer, but 5 bucks for shipping is better than 40 bucks for gas to go buy them. When I go to the one in Foxborough I always end up buying stuff but I also will pick out a lot of stuff I like and take a pic of the package and part number with my phone so I can find it later online. I've found some killer deals on Amazon but you really need the part numbers to navigate that mess of a site and find stuff quickly. I'm gonna try to get over to Hooksett one night this week. The open water bug is starting to itch like mad...

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2014, 09:58 AM »
good idea with the camera..i bought a 100 dollars worth of stuff but i had a gift card so that helped...its nice having a store like that near by...lets see what the nashua rivers does in the next two weeks and meet up for a day stealth...

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2014, 05:01 PM »
good idea with the camera..i bought a 100 dollars worth of stuff but i had a gift card so that helped...its nice having a store like that near by...lets see what the nashua rivers does in the next two weeks and meet up for a day stealth...

Sounds good, I'm free most weekends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.