FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how was trout opener for everyone?  (Read 1678 times)

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
how was trout opener for everyone?
« on: Apr 11, 2005, 07:07 AM »
How did everybody do for the opening day?   I went to the Pascac creek and the Mill Pond up in Bergen for few hours and it was very crowded with the banks lined with the powerbait crew.  I kind of alternated between the stream and the lake until I found them in one particular pool,  all stacked up and hungry.  It took 2 hrs to find them and half an hour to get my limit....pretty cool.  Gave them to some old guy,  that was not doing much on the lake side. Got them all on power bait micros,  with a small jig.  I'm starting to believe that plastics are just as effective as live bait,  at least on fresh, uneducated trout.   It gets tough later,  and mealworms are better then.  My buddy also went to the Spruce Run creek,  same deal ,  very crowded.       J
GONE FISH'G.......

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Re: how was trout opener for everyone?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Hey Jig, I went out Sunday with my kids and trolled up 10 browns, a couple rainbows, and a brook along with a few pickerel, a 1lb. perch, and a 21" walleye(my little one always gets the biggest fish). We kept the trout that weren't tagged and released the ones that were, the KDC's hoping to show they can hold-over so we're trying to release as many as possible. See ya out there!

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Tried a few spots on the Musconetcong as well as the South Branch of the Raritan and both were a little high and packed. Managed 8 fish in the 10-13" range and release all. All were brookies caught a a gold and silver colored Rapala. They wouldn't hit any of the spinners I tried using, or any of the jigs.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

JigAwhopper

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2005, 11:04 AM »
hey Webguy,  sound like you had a great time at LH as usual  ;D.  I read some reports from the KDC website and seems like everyone had a blast. I only had few hours  on Saturday so gave it a good try.  I think all the rivers and lakes are stocked pretty well,  so I'll hit all my honey holes next week.  Later,      J.
GONE FISH'G.......

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2005, 11:36 AM »
went for a couple hours in the am got 3 at the muscanetcong. wasnt to bad crowded and high water. not to many people were catchin very many were we were though

dr.trout

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Fished a small 1 acre pond in monmouth county called macs pond ,in manasquan,and managed 2 brookies one was a surprisinly 16 inches and the lake isnt even broodstock.So that made me happy.the 16incher was cought on rosies,and the 12 incher on a meal worm 2 feet off the bank as i was fooling around with sunfish,while the bait rods were out.

mang00neg

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Fished the green brook in union county.
The crowd was astonishingly light,
which made for a peaceful opening day. There couldn't
have been more than 10 anglers along the entire
stocked stretch of the creek(highly unusual!). Ended up with 6 on a
white 1/24 roostertail, all standard production stockies (9-13").
Stopped by echo lake around noon to see how they were doing.
Most people seemed to scratch our at least 1-2, but the water
was quite murky. Those using bobbers seemed to have the best
luck. I imagine the sharpies were long gone by the time I arrived.

Xx FFF xX

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2005, 11:55 PM »
Tried a few spots on the Musconetcong as well as the South Branch of the Raritan and both were a little high and packed. Managed 8 fish in the 10-13" range and release all. All were brookies caught a a gold and silver colored Rapala. They wouldn't hit any of the spinners I tried using, or any of the jigs.

Yea I had one I think it was South Branch Kept going after my rapala  but Never really attacking it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.