FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tips & tricks  (Read 35044 times)

smokey

Re: tips & tricks
« Reply #45 on: Mar 01, 2013, 04:01 PM »
Punky wood out of dead trees will burn, even in pouring rain. And it burns slow enough to dry the wet wood you put on top of it.

I've also started fires with flares. Quick and easy.

Hillbilly75

« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:59 PM »
Not sure if this is a GOOD tip/trick....but one time I chose to use the battery powered air mattress pump to get/keep the fire going when I forgot to cut kindling before hand. Well, I didn't have too; I could have cut some kindling, it was just one of those stubborn moments (I am assuming we have all had) where I had to PROVE that it could be done. Yeah, it may have took three times longer to get a good fire going than if I had simply cut kindling, but it worked out in the end.
Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. So be as shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves.

Mainehazmt

« Reply #47 on: Apr 19, 2014, 11:36 AM »
An unlubricate condom works good to store water in and it doesn't take up a lot of room in your wallet. Can also be used in other emergency situations as well. ;D
musta had to come up with that when your wife or GF wondered why you had one  and with her you didn't need them.....  :evil:
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

Nomis

« Reply #48 on: Mar 11, 2015, 07:21 AM »
Sterno is an excellent fire starter, especially when things are wet and you are in a hurry.  Plus it comes in a waterproof can that protects it and can be used for other things if needed.    There are two cans in my survival/emergency kit  ;D
It can also make a good heater.

Turn a coffee can upside down over the top of the burning sterno. It radiates a good amount of heat. Just be sure to punch enough holes in the sides of the can to give it oxygen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.