FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 154186 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #900 on: May 18, 2021, 07:02 AM »
I’ll put up some pictures and you guys can pick out the ones you like.

I appreciate the interest.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #901 on: May 18, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Here you go.
Small feather inlays.

Large feather inlays

Small no inlays

Medium feather inlays

Let me know if you need any more pics or would like something special.

Peacock feathers compliments of Dom.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #902 on: May 20, 2021, 10:36 PM »

My son's best friends wife just had their 2nd child and was talking about how their 1 year old just started playing with blocks so I made this for her

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #903 on: May 21, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Very nice. Food safe color I hope. I don’t put any finish on kids toys as a rule. When I do it’s food grade butcher block treatment.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #904 on: May 26, 2021, 01:27 PM »
So...a friend gifted me some Acacia butcher block type material. He was working on a job doing a remodel and the boss screwed up a couple 8’ pieces. Didn’t know that a 45* corner consists of 2 22.5* cuts.

Anyway, I decided to make some cutting boards for the market booth in a few weeks.I’ve never made any so figuring out how to cut the juice groove was interesting. First I tried setting up the router table and cutting to stops........nah! Sample didn’t work at all.

Plan “B”

I located the blank in the center of a piece of plywood, trapped it with some scrap and set up a border for the plunge router .

Cut the juice groove in 4 passes

Used the trim router to ease all the edges

Sanded all around and gave them a coat of butcher block conditioner.

Came out pretty sweet. Did 7 8x8”  and 6 12 x 12”.

Fun project that really ought to sell.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #905 on: May 26, 2021, 01:36 PM »
That looks great rg. Looks like a fun project

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #906 on: May 26, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Is was. Great to be back out in the “garage wood shop” . The past few years, working part time at Lowe’s, I just didn’t have time to play out there. Now I have the time again, and a purpose. There’s some cops rap pieces left over that I’ll probably put on the lathe for some cheese blocks.

Next up is a ramp for my Neighbor’s shed so he can get his tractor in and out.

Always something to do if you look for something to do.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #907 on: May 26, 2021, 02:16 PM »
That there is. And sometimes when you're not looking for a project also. Lol

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #908 on: May 26, 2021, 02:30 PM »
My neighbor is a great guy. He worked in a cabinet shop for years and brought me a bunch of material left over from different jobs. I did any wood turning they needed for little or nothing. The shop closed when the owner developed health problems. Now he works for a small contractor and it continues.

I’d never have gotten ahold of this material if it wasn’t for him. The only thing he asked is that I make a cutting board for the customer he’s doing work for. I’m more than happy to oblige.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2021, 03:06 PM »
Very nice. I think a future project for me will be building a decent router table out of melamine. Haven't quite figured out my plans for the table or fence yet. Guess it all depends on how much time I have when I get around to building it. May put a drop in insert for mounting the router. Would make change out alot easier. Couple weeks ago I routed a set of finish stairs for my brother's house. We used 2x10 that we planed down to 1 1/4" for the stringers, 3/4" plywood for the kickers and he bought yellow pine treads from home depot. All said and done he had couple hundred into material. They turned out beautiful.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2021, 03:07 PM »

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #911 on: May 26, 2021, 03:11 PM »
Just made a plywood jig for the stair template. Hardest thing is getting your nosing routed to match the tread.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #912 on: May 26, 2021, 03:22 PM »
That’s very nice work. Looks great.

Stairs were something I always enjoyed building when I was doing finish work. I did trim work for quite a few years.

Didn’t have the technology then that we have today. Stair stops and a framing square was how I learned. Still have both.

Rg

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #913 on: May 26, 2021, 04:25 PM »
That's how I build basement stairs with dimensional lumber. They make stair router jigs but are lots of money. You can make a plywood jig out of a 2x2 foot scrap of 3/4" plywood for pretty much free and works just as well.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #914 on: May 26, 2021, 04:40 PM »
Yup! That’s how I built them too. I had a jig or two for stringers and made my own wedges. Treads and risers were wedged in place.  Never screwed or nailed.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.