FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150558 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2018
« Reply #375 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:15 PM »
So... I've been playing around with this lamp idea. It's been very labor intensive. But, I'm getting there.
 Cut the squares, made circles, bored holes, got the plexiglass tube, turned the base, mounted the lamp holder etc....etc....etc

Cut the slots and did a test mount.

I'm getting close. Lots to do to finish, but looking good for now.

I think my son will enjoy it.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #376 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:17 PM »
Very Cool..... :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #377 on: Oct 26, 2018, 05:06 PM »
It is pretty cool  Dom. I think my son will enjoy it. I've already got plans for a smaller version.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #378 on: Oct 27, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Bob look up rainbow bowl made on a lathe . When i get home i will see if i can find it..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #379 on: Oct 27, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Are you talking about the laminated bowls?

I've done some flat work and dished pieces. There's a lot to learn about that kind of turning. .

Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #380 on: Oct 27, 2018, 06:53 PM »
RG I had a friend that made his own tapered cutter that he was able to make tapered pieces from a single piece of wood that he glued together to make a bowl. They were glued together like your lamp but were smooth. I have a couple of bowls at my other place I will try to remember to bring over here and get pictures of them. The next thing will be the challenge  of getting them posted.

This man was a genius. He made a bunch of things that he could have had patented. The problem was with so many things he did he would get bored with when he figured out they would work and drop the idea. He had a door closer on his storm door that was also a shock absorber when the wind caught it and blew it open. Then it would close the door

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #381 on: Oct 28, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Are you talking about the laminated bowls?

I've done some flat work and dished pieces. There's a lot to learn about that kind of turning. .Rg

Yes. Different color woods glued together than shaped.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #382 on: Oct 28, 2018, 02:13 PM »
These are even cooler. Colored pencil bowls.

Its quite a process of casting colored pencils in acrylic resin then turning them on the lathe.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #383 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:39 AM »
Well....it's time to move the little wood shop indoors. Gotta make room for the boat in the garage. I'll be plowing snow  for a friend and will have the plow truck in the driveway. I'll need some  room.

Lots of little projects in the works to occupy my winter months. There's Christmas presents and ornaments to turn on the lathe and a couple or other ideas rattling around in my brain. A few days of reorganizing and I'll be ready to focus.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #384 on: Nov 11, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Did a lot of moving and setting up yesterday. Got the boat put away and the basement shop in order. My son was over today working on a project gift. I spent some time turning some little snowmen.

Gave a couple away and made one for my Bride. Really fun to turn and finish.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #385 on: Nov 11, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Very nice. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #386 on: Nov 11, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Very cool, Bob!  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

mr.clean

« Reply #387 on: Nov 11, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Rg/Bob ditto Raquettedacker's comment . :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: Depending on how many of your Holiday decorations you keep must have some display in your house.
Steve

iceman260

« Reply #388 on: Nov 12, 2018, 08:19 AM »
The little snowman is nice what did you make the scarf out of.
Iceman

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #389 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:38 AM »
The little snowman is nice what did you make the scarf out of.
Iceman

red maple?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.