FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop 2019  (Read 150515 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop 2019
« Reply #930 on: May 29, 2021, 04:46 PM »
Most of the plumbing and electrical supplies went to Texas. The lumber shortage is largely due to the boom in remodeling  from what I understand. People being cooped up for a year decided to remodel rather than buy up.
Paint is in short supply as well. It’ll level out eventually...I hope.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

myemmy

« Reply #931 on: May 30, 2021, 06:21 AM »
Yes a lot of remodeling going on and a lot of small project since people are home, and as far as paint it not only the bases but I know a lot of the tints are in demand also not just house paint but auto paint as well !

iceman260

« Reply #932 on: May 30, 2021, 07:50 AM »
Bought a sheet of 3/4inch oak plywood 71 dollars and change used to be about 38 dollars before, it's crazy.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #933 on: May 30, 2021, 08:44 AM »
Went to Lowe’s this morning to get a piece of 2x2 pt to make a repair to my trough planter cover. Supposed to be #1.....I guess lumber standards have changed. I opened 3 bundles before I found one that was reasonably straight and not full of huge knots.

$5.77 for that piece.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #934 on: May 30, 2021, 04:30 PM »
Amateur job, but the princess and I found time in the rain, with some wood scraps and made a birdhouse. she got on the saw, made the measurements and cut the hole. Not a bad rainy day project, will glue it together and add some weatherproofing tomorrow

gotagetm

« Reply #935 on: May 30, 2021, 04:34 PM »

A friend of ours had a red oak dropped in lawn. Was 1 big tree
My wife " volunteered" me to cut it up and take wood got little over 3 rows of firewood and saved some 5-7 foot logs to put on my portable lumber mill to cut boards for a later date
Told wife not to " volunteer" me any more , haha I have plenty of my own logs to cut firewood and lumber out of

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #936 on: May 30, 2021, 05:06 PM »
Amateur job, but the princess and I found time in the rain, with some wood scraps and made a birdhouse. she got on the saw, made the measurements and cut the hole. Not a bad rainy day project, will glue it together and add some weatherproofing tomorrow

Great project. Don’t glue it up without leaving a way to clean it out..

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #937 on: May 30, 2021, 05:07 PM »

A friend of ours had a red oak dropped in lawn. Was 1 big tree
My wife " volunteered" me to cut it up and take wood got little over 3 rows of firewood and saved some 5-7 foot logs to put on my portable lumber mill to cut boards for a later date
Told wife not to " volunteer" me any more , haha I have plenty of my own logs to cut firewood and lumber out of

That’s a good pile of firewood and lumber in waiting.

Rg

gotagetm

« Reply #938 on: May 30, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Yup good start on firewood 3.5 cord of wood I use about 12 a winter got whole 10 wheel log truck of logs laying about 20 feet from where I split and stack so should be done for winter within few weeks gonna cut a bunch of it into boards and have kiln dried in fall so I can make stuff next winter

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #939 on: May 30, 2021, 10:59 PM »
Wow, 12 cord of wood a year is ALOT of wood

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #940 on: May 31, 2021, 05:32 AM »
Great project. Don’t glue it up without leaving a way to clean it out..

Rg

Indeed, she plans on hinging the top for that very purpose

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #941 on: May 31, 2021, 04:14 PM »
All and all happy with the project. The princess had a blast. She hung it and said “what’s the next project?”

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #942 on: May 31, 2021, 04:54 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #943 on: May 31, 2021, 05:15 PM »
All and all happy with the project. The princess had a blast. She hung it and said “what’s the next project?”

Awesome! Great dad to keep her involved.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #944 on: Jun 01, 2021, 06:43 AM »
Awesome! Great dad to keep her involved.

Rg

She’s taken a liking to projects like this thanks to Technology class (f/k/a shop I presume) she’s made a cutting board, carved two spoons and is wrapping up an end table there.

Have to keep her interested throughout the summer. Bought her a wood burning kit. We dropped some trees recently so I kept a few of the huge wedges and some thin sliced trunks for her to decorate

Operation Reduce Screen Time....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.