FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Loma/Marias  (Read 2841 times)

GoldenTrout

Loma/Marias
« on: Apr 17, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Hello all, I have been trying for years to catch some catfish and sturgeon (Have been trying at Loma where the Marias meets the Missouri).  I am from the Kalispell area and that seems to be the closest place for me to go.  I have been there a couple times and couldnt catch either one.  Do you guys have any tips or recommendations?  I have been told spring is the best time to head there, is this true?  Sure would love to catch a cat or sturgeon.  Thanks for any ideas

hoofer

Re: Loma/Marias
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2018, 02:01 AM »
catfish,sturgeon starting in may fish by the pump house.but this year the marias and missouri rivers are blown out banks real muddy tough fishing.

chumley

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Used to be a good hole right underneath the Highway 87 bridge at the fishing access, but I haven't fished it in 20 years.

chumley

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2018, 04:19 PM »
We got back yesterday from a weekend trip to Loma.  Yes, all streams are blown out and difficult to fish.  Were somewhat successful on the catfish after some moving around. We ended up with around 20.  The slick muddy banks makes it real tough.  I hooked several large catfish that would run into the flooded willows and snag up.  Strangely, we did not get a single sturgeon, although Greg at Ma's Loma Cafe did say some sturgeon as well as northerns were being caught.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.