FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 148479 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #345 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Bacon Candy is a gift from the heavens. Easy but a bit time consuming to make, but worth it.

You take thick sliced bacon and give it a coat of real maple syrup. Sprinkle a coat of your favorite sweet rub.
Then sprinkle with dark brown sugar. I use a small kitchen strainer.
Layer in a pan, repeating the first steps. Cover and refrigerate overnight. On smoking day, set the temperature to 275. Use your favorite smoke.
Lay a single layer on a rectangular aluminum screen (I found them at Dollar General) or whatever screens you have. They sag too much to just lay on the grates. Soak the screen with no stick spray.
Give them another coat of syrup and brown sugar and into the smoker. Time varies, but roughly an hour in, and the bacon is about half done, flip it and give another coat of syrup/sugar and cook until done. A nice medium dark brown works for us. Serve warm or cold.

Some time and mess, but OMG is it good!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #346 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:26 AM »
That looks incredible........  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #347 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:29 AM »
A couple more prep shots.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #348 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:34 AM »
That looks incredible........  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Thank you. If you make it, don't share with anyone. If you do, you will be hounded for more every time you turn around ;D.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #349 on: Jul 05, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Thanks. I think I know what's going in the smoker tomorrow morning. And, I'm thinking some baby backs in the afternoon.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #350 on: Jul 05, 2019, 04:20 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm! Bacon!

Ready to go in the morning. Ribs are seasoned and resting comfortably in the fridge.       

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #351 on: Jul 06, 2019, 07:51 AM »
Just put it into the smoker.
2 racks, marinated in pineapple juice for 3 days, then rubbed with a nice pork spice I had that we both like.
They will get about 2-3 hrs of smoke, then they will go into foil pans with some of the leftover pineapple juice and covered with foil to finish.

The top 2 pans are Grandma Browns beans, Donna’s favorite!.  I doctored them with mustard, onions, brown sugar, and 1/2 pound of chopped bacon.  They with be stirred a few times to get the smoke down into them.  I probably won’t wrap them so they get thicker.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #352 on: Jul 06, 2019, 07:51 AM »

Man that looks amazing DS! I'm doing a pork butt with some fixins tomorrow for my B-Day, might have to give that a whirl  8) Going to try this

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #353 on: Jul 06, 2019, 09:27 AM »
It's a weekend of smoke and BBQ for sure.

Out with the bacon

And in with the ribs!

That bacon is simply awesome!

Happy birthday Ed!

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #354 on: Jul 06, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Beans on left are before stirring.  Right has all of the goodness mixed in and ready for 2nd round of smoke.  Ribs are looking good.  One of the official judges gave them a peek and also a thumbs up.  👍

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #355 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:30 PM »
Mac, Next time out, try putting the beans under the meat. All that drippy goodness will take the best beans to a new level.
That pineapple marinade sounds great. I've got 4 racks in the freezer. I'm going to have to try a couple like that. Enjoy the meal.

Mac Attack

« Reply #356 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:46 PM »
Mac, Next time out, try putting the beans under the meat. All that drippy goodness will take the best beans to a new level.
That pineapple marinade sounds great. I've got 4 racks in the freezer. I'm going to have to try a couple like that. Enjoy the meal.

I've done this in the past.
I didn't do it this time around because of all the bacon I have in the beans already.
The bacon wasn't precooked.

In hindsight, a better idea would have been to crisp up the bacon in a skillet, drain it, and then toss it all into the beans cut up.
THEN, put them under the ribs as you suggested.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #357 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Made a cold smoke generator today. Tinkering around while smoking some ribs.

Works pretty darned good. Put the amazen smoke tube in a 3" piece of duct, made an air nozzle and mounted a smoke outlet. Been producing steady smoke for around 4 hours now.

Bring on the cheese!
Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #358 on: Jul 06, 2019, 03:01 PM »
All of that looks awesome..   Just Hoffman snappy links and venison burgers on the grill tonight for me..
And bonfire , beers and fireworks......  ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #359 on: Jul 06, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Have fun....keep all your fingers!
We're doing a big chicken BBQ tomorrow. With horseshoes, lots of food and more fireworks. I've got the meat marinating in a "fire department " marinade. I'll make a similar mop sauce for it tomorrow.

What a fun weekend it's been.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.