FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 100322 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #510 on: Mar 18, 2022, 07:24 AM »
Might annoint myself in the farmington this evening once were at max temps. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #511 on: Mar 24, 2022, 02:12 PM »
Dusted off the long rod gear and hit a couple spots on the upper Farmington.  The catching was slow but I was focusing on areas that hadnt been stocked yet.  Felt good to get out.  2 rainbows landed one on the 6w fishing and indicator in deep slow water and 1 on the 3w euro nymphing.  Looking forward to the season progressing and really looking forward to hopper dropper season!

BassMaster12

« Reply #512 on: Mar 24, 2022, 03:13 PM »
Good stuff man. Might need to make my way up as I'm getting anxious and down here in RI all rivers/ waters deemed to be trout stocked are closed until the 2nd Saturday in April. I know of some of the rivers in Mass, not too familiar with them yet but that's all part of the adventure
_Icecold_ on the shanty

bogtrotter

« Reply #513 on: Mar 24, 2022, 09:26 PM »
Dusted off the long rod gear and hit a couple spots on the upper Farmington.  The catching was slow but I was focusing on areas that hadnt been stocked yet.  Felt good to get out.  2 rainbows landed one on the 6w fishing and indicator in deep slow water and 1 on the 3w euro nymphing.  Looking forward to the season progressing and really looking forward to hopper dropper season!

Congratulations on your maiden outing for the season. 

I'm amazed at how early they stock down that way (even if you weren't fishing the sections where they stocked).

lowaccord66

« Reply #514 on: Mar 25, 2022, 07:06 AM »
Yes Jim they start early.  If I want to avoid them I hit the housy which only gets stocked in the fall. 

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #515 on: Mar 25, 2022, 01:08 PM »
Sorry if I'm off-topic, but has anyone used the DRYFT brand of waders? They seem to be one of the only brands that has a fit for my short, round body and size 10 shoe. The waders I've tried that fit my belly were for a 7 foot tall person with a size 15 foot.

lowaccord66

« Reply #516 on: Mar 25, 2022, 06:44 PM »
The guys that make lively legs are big fans.  Ive wanted to try them because I have had seam leaks in every pair of simms Ive owned, even the g3's and g4's. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #517 on: Mar 26, 2022, 02:49 AM »
What's up people of the fishfinder forum!?!?! Ill be doing some fly-fishing in the next few days so as long as I remember how to fish, ill have some pics.
Everyone doing well?
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #518 on: Mar 28, 2022, 07:10 AM »
All good here Mike!  I fished some wild brown trout water yesterday and got the skunk!

stripernut

« Reply #519 on: Mar 28, 2022, 02:22 PM »
My plan is to hit the Chu Sunday morning and then go uncover our new boat...

bogtrotter

« Reply #520 on: Mar 28, 2022, 03:41 PM »
Got skunked (again) on the Hoosic but managed to "save face" by catching a whopping (4") brookie (LOL) on a smaller stream this past weekend.

lowaccord66

« Reply #521 on: Mar 29, 2022, 05:42 PM »
Trouting this time of year can be feast or famine.  Small but concentrated bite windows.

Allan thats awesome.  I need to finish paying my slip fees and get a new lower on the big boat.

Jim it wasnt for lack of effort I am sure.

lowaccord66

« Reply #522 on: Apr 04, 2022, 08:49 PM »
This is as urban as I like to get and the farthest south I fish the farmington.  I started 18 miles upstream for zero hits Sunday afternoon before heading south.  First spot 600 cfs not bad.  South almost 1100 and tricky wading.  One bow one brown and thats all she wrote.  Krelex jig streamer on the 3w.

westernmas

« Reply #523 on: Apr 05, 2022, 01:16 PM »
This is as urban as I like to get and the farthest south I fish the farmington.  I started 18 miles upstream for zero hits Sunday afternoon before heading south.  First spot 600 cfs not bad.  South almost 1100 and tricky wading.  One bow one brown and thats all she wrote.  Krelex jig streamer on the 3w.

Nice work Jon.  I only had a couple of hours Sunday and hit my local freestones.  Although they stated they had stocked I would have guessed otherwise unless they stocked skunks!  There were a considerable amount of bugs coming off the water, mostly small black stones and some cased caddis on the rocks, but I didn't see nor hook anything.  I tried a handful of spots over a few hours and called it quits before the weather rolled in.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

westernmas

« Reply #524 on: Apr 18, 2022, 09:54 AM »
After doing some yardwork Saturday before the rain started I figured I would hit the local freestones that have been stocked.  I started up close to Jim's neck of the woods in the Windsor/Cummington area of the Westfield branches.  The rain started right when I exited the truck and I struck out on the first few spots I tried.  I decided to work my way back toward the Huntington area and hit one of my regular spots on the west branch.  I don't frequent this spot to often as it takes some bush wacking to get into but it paid off.  I landed 3 nice bows and dropped a couple of others.  2 of the bows fought well and were around 14" but were thick and even pulled some drag.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.